ADVERTISEMENT

Nm

If you were within 2 miles of another human outside and there was a 1/16 mph breeze you needed 2 mask.
Covid is the Black Mamba of viruses. If you are within a 5 mile radius of a Black Mamba, you're basically already dead. It's bloodlust is that strong.

Personally, I think the CDC should have incentivized vaccinations from the get-go by saying once you got your shots, you didn't need to wear masks anymore.

But to view the end of the mask requirement as some kind of 'moral victory' for the anti-mask crowd is a whole new level of stupid.

Nah...we still have 40k infections a day. But it is a different covid now that a dementia patient is leading our country. Now all of a sudden the commie rules should be lifted. Just two weeks ago the seminole county commies voted to not change the restrictions on June 1st.

We had less than 40k infections a day back in the day while arresting people for just being outside. Funny how things magically change.
None of this was ever about following "the science".

Reactions: Knight In TN
Nah...we still have 40k infections a day. But it is a different covid now that a dementia patient is leading our country. Now all of a sudden the commie rules should be lifted. Just two weeks ago the seminole county commies voted to not change the restrictions on June 1st.

We had less than 40k infections a day back in the day while arresting people for just being outside. Funny how things magically change.
Someone was arrested for merely being outside? I call bullshit.

He was trespassing on a closed beach. Not arrested for merely being outside.
Why was the beach closed?
As a teenager, my buddies and I slipped over a locked gate and went for a midnight swim at a Scout Camp that was closed at the time.

As I recall, asking the sheriff's deputy "What's the big deal?" didn't stop him from charging us with trespassing. :)

As a teenager, my buddies and I slipped over a locked gate and went for a midnight swim at a Scout Camp that was closed at the time.

As I recall, asking the sheriff's deputy "What's the big deal?" didn't stop him from charging us with trespassing. :)
You think thats a legitimate equivalency?

Covid. A public beach and arrested for being outside.

Now the commies want a covid ID but no voter ID. You can't make this up.
He was arrested for failure to obey a lifeguard after being told for 30 minutes to exit the beach. At least according to bystanders who were outside yet miraculously not arrested.

Wow...a public ocean or a closed pool outside of business hours. Same thing!

Good thing Newsome didn't shutdown his winery and got those evil beach goers. Who needs science!
Yawn...were you outraged when Florida beaches were closed in 2018 due to red tide? Just because a beach is “public” doesn’t mean it can’t be closed for health and safety concerns. Even still if the guy had simply followed the instructions of the lifeguards instead of ignoring them for 30 minutes he wouldn’t have been arrested.

It was a pretty big deal. He got tons of national exposure on CNN and other fake news. Trying to get fear into citizens for just going to the beach. Tried to sue to force beaches closed.
Never heard of him. Maybe you should stop watching CNN like I did.

This guy was everywhere for 2-3 weeks. Tried to drum up attention. He was all over the news and the lawsuits got him even more attention. Luckily they tossed out his ridiculous lawsuits and we were able to enjoy the beach last year.
Cool. Good to know. Sounds crazy. Looks like cnn had 2 articles about him last year. Must have missed it.

Publix dropped their mask requirement for those of us who were smart enough to get vaxxed.

The pandemic is officially over in the state of Florida.

Yawn...were you outraged when Florida beaches were closed in 2018 due to red tide? Just because a beach is “public” doesn’t mean it can’t be closed for health and safety concerns. Even still if the guy had simply followed the instructions of the lifeguards instead of ignoring them for 30 minutes he wouldn’t have been arrested.
This is an even dumber analogy than sneaking into a closed pool.

This is an even dumber analogy than sneaking into a closed pool.
A closed beach is a dumb analogy for a closed beach? You may be dumber than I originally thought. It’s not an “analogy”. It’s another instance of government closing a public beach.

A closed beach is a dumb analogy for a closed beach? You may be dumber than I originally thought. It’s not an “analogy”. It’s another instance of government closing a public beach.
Don't be coy. The beach was closed because a danger existed in the water in the former. The beach was closed because of mindless idiocy in the latter. The guy paddle boarding wasn't at risk of covid, but was arrested and fined because muh authority!

The beach was closed for "covid", but he could of went indoors to buy a bottle of wine from Newsome's winery. 😉
Right. He could have gone out to any number of businesses deemed “essential”. Instead he chose to go to a closed beach and ignore lifeguards for a half hour.

It's amazing the lengths that the left go to in justifying anti-science government overreach.
I think closing a beach is overreach. In fact there are many rules or laws I thing are superfluous. But we were talking about instances of someone being arrested for merely stepping outside. It is the first result when you google “arrested for going outside” so I’ll give him credit for at least googling what he wanted to see. But it turns out this is not an instance of that. So I guess try again.

I think closing a beach is overreach. In fact there are many rules or laws I thing are superfluous. But we were talking about instances of someone being arrested for merely stepping outside. It is the first result when you google “arrested for going outside” so I’ll give him credit for at least googling what he wanted to see. But it turns out this is not an instance of that. So I guess try again.
Now wouldn't it have just been easier in the beginning to say that this was a stupid arrest, instead of comparing it to closing beaches due to a red tide? You could have made your point that he was using hyperbole and at the same time recognize this instance was a really stupid act on the part of the government.

If he had just complied... hmmm...

Now wouldn't it have just been easier in the beginning to say that this was a stupid arrest, instead of comparing it to closing beaches due to a red tide? You could have made your point that he was using hyperbole and at the same time recognize this instance was a really stupid act on the part of the government.
Nah the arrest was fine. Dudes an idiot. You don’t like a rule, fine. It doesn’t exempt you from any consequences of your actions.

Nah the arrest was fine. Dudes an idiot. You don’t like a rule, fine. It doesn’t exempt you from any consequences of your actions.
The rule was anti-science and made no sense. We shouldn't comply with that kind of stuff just because we are told to.

People compiled in nazi Germany. Didn't work out well. Our country is based on freedom and liberty. Not sitting indoors scared from dolphin covid. The fact they even messed with him paddle boarding is enough 🤮
He was no danger to himself or others. Just out there living his life, being healthy and enjoying things.
Nope. Arrest him and fine him for not following orders. This isn't even a first amendment issue, it's just straight up tyranny on the part of the government.

He was no danger to himself or others. Just out there living his life, being healthy and enjoying things.
Nope. Arrest him and fine him for not following orders. This isn't even a first amendment issue, it's just straight up tyranny on the part of the government.
Half a million people are incarcerated in this country just for possessing a drug that is only illegal because the government couldn’t make a buck on it. I’m not shedding tears for someone who trespassed on a closed beach and ignored lifeguards for a half hour. Yeah the rule is dumb and yeah he wasn’t spreading Covid, but what made him exempt from a rule that every other person was able to follow? Public beaches, parks, etc. close all the time. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean you are exempt from the rules.

People compiled in nazi Germany. Didn't work out well. Our country is based on freedom and liberty. Not sitting indoors scared from dolphin covid. The fact they even messed with him paddle boarding is enough 🤮
Freedom to go to a closed area where you aren’t permitted? Nope. That’s not how freedom works my friend.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Half a million people are incarcerated in this country just for possessing a drug that is only illegal because the government couldn’t make a buck on it. I’m not shedding tears for someone who trespassed on a closed beach and ignored lifeguards for a half hour. Yeah the rule is dumb and yeah he wasn’t spreading Covid, but what made him exempt from a rule that every other person was able to follow? Public beaches, parks, etc. close all the time. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean you are exempt from the rules.
He wasn't on the beach. He was in the ocean. There were people on the beach so it wasn't closed. Got anything better than that?

He wasn't on the beach. He was in the ocean. There were people on the beach so it wasn't closed. Got anything better than that?
I don’t need anything better. He was arrested. When he came from the ocean...onto the beach...which was closed. But I wasn’t there. I’m just going by what the article said.

Video of the incident taken by bystanders along the shore and later posted to social media shows the man paddling toward the pier while being pursued by lifeguard and sheriff’s boats.
They are clearly not on the beach shore in that video. There is even some sort of lines or something between them and the guy that plainly evident in the video. And even if they were on the shore, that still wouldn’t change the fact that the beaches in that area were in fact closed at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT