ADVERTISEMENT

Nm

The best part of that race is the biological female that came in second is an Olympic silver medalist.

Lia is going to make a great CEO someday. Probably will get the job over a biological woman applicant, too. Maybe at that point the feminists will have had enough.

Personally, I'm waiting for him to finish his career, renounce his transition, and write the book about the experiment that he ran and the cultural phenomenon of "wokeness."
That would be the greatest ending of a story in the history of stories. Props

Don’t hate. Congratulate. She was the first athlete to have the balls to do this.
Why is questioning things automatically 'hate' to Progressives? Is that all you know?

Trans swimmer Lia Thomas winning NCAA title should spark legitimate debate, not hate

Trey Parker and Matt Stone ... one of the last bations of Libertarianism in popular media.

Reactions: wjustincottrell
Why is questioning things automatically 'hate' to Progressives? Is that all you know?

Trans swimmer Lia Thomas winning NCAA title should spark legitimate debate, not hate

Trey Parker and Matt Stone ... one of the last bations of Libertarianism in popular media.
I took this as sarcasm... Play on words.

I took this as sarcasm... Play on words.
I get that, and almost laughed. But ...

That, in itself, is sexist. He's not the first one to use it either. But Progressives get a 'free pass.' There is also his 'history' here too.

I get that, and almost laughed. But ...

That, in itself, is sexist. He's not the first one to use it either. But Progressives get a 'free pass.' There is also his 'history' here too.
History is sexist. His story. History. Literally sexist. For this mortal sin, you are cancelled and your opinions are henceforth ignored. This is the way.

History is sexist. His story. History. Literally sexist. For this mortal sin, you are cancelled and your opinions are henceforth ignored. This is the way.
1f6.jpg

What amuses me about this thread is that it’s full of the posters that I sometimes disagree with, but mostly just ignore. But yes, this situation is beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: UCFBS and Ucfmikes
What amuses me about this thread is that it’s full of the posters that I sometimes disagree with, but mostly just ignore. But yes, this situation is beyond ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous?

Look Joe and Hunter Biden self-identify as underage white boys so they can fondle and sniff underage girls. We accept that from them so what is a white guy pretending to be a woman matter?
We have the whitest senator pretending to be an Indian so she can get benefits belonging to real Indians. What do we do? We make her a senator of course.

VT swimmer is making an issue of it.

Positive, pro-LGBTQIA:
“I’d like to point out that I respect and fully stand with Lia Thomas; I am convinced that she is no different than me or any other D1 swimmer who has woken up at 5 a.m. her entire life for morning practice,” wrote Gyorgy.
Yet, also Critical:
“It doesn’t promote our sport in a good way and I think it is disrespectful against the biologically female swimmers who are competing in the NCAA,” Gyorgy said of the rule that has received considerable scrutiny since Thomas has smashed records in her first season competing at the collegiate level as a transgender woman.
Now I'm sure the Progressives on this board will be just as critical of Gyorgy as they are of me, with this "I am for, but ..." But that's how the real world of compromise works.

Absolutists of the "You're either for us or against us" are the problem.

More news outlets ...

VT swimmer is making an issue of it.

Positive, pro-LGBTQIA:
“I’d like to point out that I respect and fully stand with Lia Thomas; I am convinced that she is no different than me or any other D1 swimmer who has woken up at 5 a.m. her entire life for morning practice,” wrote Gyorgy.
Yet, also Critical:
“It doesn’t promote our sport in a good way and I think it is disrespectful against the biologically female swimmers who are competing in the NCAA,” Gyorgy said of the rule that has received considerable scrutiny since Thomas has smashed records in her first season competing at the collegiate level as a transgender woman.
Now I'm sure the Progressives on this board will be just as critical of Gyorgy as they are of me, with this "I am for, but ..." But that's how the real world of compromise works.

Absolutists of the "You're either for us or against us" are the problem.

More news outlets ...

If NCAA pivoted to XY / XX chromosome divisions instead of the overly vague and ambiguous divisions by gender, this problem solves itself, amirite?

If NCAA pivoted to XY / XX chromosome divisions instead of by gender, this problem solves itself, amirite?
Its funny how common sense works, isn't it? But I guess on the bright side, men have now proven without a doubt that they are better than women at pretty much everything.

Its funny how common sense works, isn't it? But I guess on the bright side, men have now proven without a doubt that they are better than women at pretty much everything.
I'm fine with her competiting with other women. I think everryone wants that too.

The problem is the scoring. We have ''multi-class' specifications in racing too, whereby dissimilar cars are on the same track at the same time, but they are scored differently. It works very well.

In any case, a lot of biologically born women are not happy at all, despite the narrative.

I'm fine with her competiting with other women. I think everryone wants that too.

The problem is the scoring. We have ''multi-class' specifications in racing too, whereby dissimilar cars are on the same track at the same time, but they are scored differently. It works very well.

In any case, a lot of biologically born women are not happy at all, despite the narrative.
They should just identify as being a man then so they can be faster. Level the playing field.

I support anyone's right to be who they want to be... My question is this: To what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?

The latest Rabid Transactivism going after yet more LGBTQIAs ...

Rabid Trans-activism is undermining and canceling too much of the rest of the LGBTQIA community. I agree that 'Callout Culture' is the new 'Bullying,' and it is going after Progressives, let alone Liberals (or us Libertarians for that matter), even more than Conservatives.

The very people who have had their voice silenced for decades by Conservatives, even Clinton Democrats, only to be allowed to finally speak in the 21st Century, are now being silenced by the Trans-activism in the same community.

A fellow LGBTQIA, who didn't even write a book, merely saying that another book wasn't anti-trans, is canceled. At this point, it's clear... any LGBTQIA who defends monogamous relationships and concepts could be canceled.

Parthenogenesis - I'm an objective, scientific Libertarian. I'm both fascinated and terrified by the implications, sociological. At the same time, I could see people getting political. E.g., at the same time some activists in the greater LBGTQIA might want to make the charge that men (Y cromo) is no longer required, I could also see the activists in the religions right make a similar charge about intelligent design and why Jesus was born of an underutilized egg of a higher power. As always, obvious to some, denied by others, it's all a matter of view, but we should cancel no views in the debate.

I'm curious, does anyone on this board support Will competing in women's sports? ...I can't think of a logical argument that supports Will's (who thinks he's a woman) actions... I'd honestly like to hear points on this. I can't wrap my head around society condoning Will's behavior at the expense of another innocent human being... It's one thing to play dress up in your apartment, but adversely impacting the lives of others?!?

Help me out here...

I'm curious, does anyone on this board support Will competing in women's sports? ...I can't think of a logical argument that supports Will's (who thinks he's a woman) actions... I'd honestly like to hear points on this. I can't wrap my head around society condoning Will's behavior at the expense of another innocent human being... It's one thing to play dress up in your apartment, but adversely impacting the lives of others?!?

Help me out here...
I do. I just think it's wrong that he had to say that he identifies as a woman to do it. Why not just let guys compete with women and not have any preconceptions about what's going on?

I do. I just think it's wrong that he had to say that he identifies as a woman to do it. Why not just let guys compete with women and not have any preconceptions about what's going on?
I hear you on the equality argument... That's more of a purist approach to competition... Which I agree with (and is the case for most) at the professional, paid-athlete level... no restrictions on gender for NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL... Purely the best athletes. Fair as Fair can be.

For anything not professional, divisions are established to maintain competitivess, whether it be gender, skill, desired intensity, etc. That's where I think the line must be drawn and held.

Other thoughts?

Reactions: Crazyhole
I hear you on the equality argument... That's more of a purist approach to competition... Which I agree with (and is the case for most) at the professional, paid-athlete level... no restrictions on gender for NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL... Purely the best athletes. Fair as Fair can be.

For anything not professional, divisions are established to maintain competitivess, whether it be gender, skill, desired intensity, etc. That's where I think the line must be drawn and held.

Other thoughts?
I guess I'm just more comfortable with an either/or approach. We are skewing the lines and it just complicates what should be a basic issue. There really shouldn't be any gray area when it comes to something as simple as gender.

Since the Supreme Court nominee doesn't know if she is a woman maybe we should teach science and biology to libs asap!
How can she possibly vote on issues like title 9 or a woman's right to choose if she can't even tell you what a woman is?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT