ADVERTISEMENT

Nm

"No duty to retreat" can almost never be used if one chases after someone, especially over a petty, allegedly 'assault' (with no 'battery') like this.

Although I do have to say ... some will think twice about doing this to someone at a fast food joint next time. ;)

"No duty to retreat" can almost never be used if one chases after someone, especially over a petty, allegedly 'assault' (with no 'battery') like this.

Although I do have to say ... some will think twice about doing this to someone at a fast food joint next time. ;)
As soon as someone disengages, say to drive or run away, you lose the imminent threat. Without imminence, there is no self-defense, period. SYG doesn’t even enter into the conversation.

Assuming a standard prosecution, unless she can convince a jury that the guy represented a clear and imminent threat to her or another, she will be found guilty. I’m guessing that she will plead to something less than attempted murder and spend a good deal of time in prison. Although you never know what SA’s are going to choose to prosecute or not these days.

As soon as someone disengages, say to drive or run away, you lose the imminent threat. Without imminence, there is no self-defense, period. SYG doesn’t even enter into the conversation.

Assuming a standard prosecution, unless she can convince a jury that the guy represented a clear and imminent threat to her or another, she will be found guilty. I’m guessing that she will plead to something less than attempted murder and spend a good deal of time in prison. Although you never know what SA’s are going to choose to prosecute or not these days.
Yep. I explain this to Progressives outside of Florida, especially DC, and they don't believe me. But they are media sheep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT