ADVERTISEMENT

NOT HAPPENING: ESPN College Gameday in NOLA. UCF @Tulane

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
Just starting this thread for the push to get it...No actual data that says they going to NOLA...just starting discussion...

Top 25 line up with conference Championship on the line plus, NY6 bowl game.

Go Knights...Go ESPN College Gameday (plus hope Lee Corso gets better and can attend).

Last edited:
Just starting this thread for the push to get it...No actual data that says they going to NOLA...just starting discussion...

Top 25 line up with conference Championship on the line plus, NY6 bowl game.

Go Knights...Go ESPN College Gameday (plus hope Lee Corso gets better and can attend).
A week ago Purdue/IL was the favorite but they both lost today. Very good chance it's NOLA for Gameday next week.

Hi, Tulane fan here. Wasn’t sure Id be able to post here but seems I’m able to.

We certainly want it to happen. Some buzz I’m hearing is that campus locations have been pre selected should we be chosen. Anyway, happy to answer questions about campus etc. Whatever happens - may the best team win.

Man, they just love kissing that Texas ass. It will be Top 10 @ Top 20, though. Still, you’d think they’d want to do something new as supposed stewards of the game. Gameday in New Orleans!!! This will be only the 3rd time in the last decade they are actually in Austin, although they were already there earlier this season. You’d think they would try to find different places to go, at least for the 12 regular season games.

Frankly, I haven’t watched Gameday in many, many years. I find playing sand volleyball every Saturday from 9-10 until whenever a much better use of my time.

I can’t really blame them for wanting to be in Austin. Great place and they probably wish Texas was more consistent so they can go there more

we had our opening for UCF to get it again and we slipped up at ECU.

I can’t really blame them for wanting to be in Austin. Great place and they probably wish Texas was more consistent so they can go there more

We know ESPN wants money. Texas going to Sec… Sec = $$$ for espn

Didn't they go to Austin for Bama at Texas

Reactions: PhDee
yes . maybe it is my bias speaking. New Orleans is fun w great food too but not the biggest fan. Austin is my preference
I hope you have been to both.

My experience: I found Tulane fans to be welcoming and Hospitable. UT fans were very much get off my lawn assholes. I would return to Tulane anytime. UT I wouldn't ever intentionally go back.

Ouch! Talk about a missed opportunity!

QUOTE: _"... first time the Wave has played a home game when both teams were ranked since the 1949 season finale against LSU ... ESPN ignored a 73-years-in-the-making occurrence ..."_

ESPN made the right call. No energy (on behalf of Tulane) here. Half that stadium was UCF. All you could hear on TV were UCF fans. Announcers said all the Tulane fans left by the 3rd and it's true! All you could see were UCF fans at he end of the game. Not cool, Tulane. But also I appreciate our fans and how well they travel to support the team anywhere! I tried hard going to this one but couldn't make it out this year. But already planning a BYU Utah trip hopefully next year if given the opportunity!

ESPN made the right call. No energy (on behalf of Tulane) here. Half that stadium was UCF. All you could hear on TV were UCF fans. Announcers said all the Tulane fans left by the 3rd and it's true! All you could see were UCF fans at he end of the game. Not cool, Tulane. But also I appreciate our fans and how well they travel to support the team anywhere! I tried hard going to this one but couldn't make it out this year. But already planning a BYU Utah trip hopefully next year if given the opportunity!
This is why I'll be so happy for UCF not to play in front of Temple, Tulsa, Tulane and USF type crowds.

yes . maybe it is my bias speaking. New Orleans is fun w great food too but not the biggest fan. Austin is my preference
Nola smells rancid, has kids from the local hoods banging on home depot buckets on every corner, and appeared completely mismanaged with traffic/construction the last time we were there for the last UCF @Tulane game ...anyone else remember that cluster F construction site collapse with the town leaving dead bodies on the top of the buildings for weeks (maybe months)?

Gumbo was excellent though.

I hope you have been to both.

My experience: I found Tulane fans to be welcoming and Hospitable. UT fans were very much get off my lawn assholes. I would return to Tulane anytime. UT I wouldn't ever intentionally go back.
yes I have been to Austin but not for a Texas game . it is more my vibe

This is why I'll be so happy for UCF not to play in front of Temple, Tulsa, Tulane and USF type crowds.
Yeah, good team but the crowd (a few people standing close to each other) was embarrassing.

usf is just rediculous as they pay to rent all those empty seats.....can't they at least put some stippers and hookers in them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT