ADVERTISEMENT

Now that I have your full attention...

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
(Because if you aren't listening now, you never will)

The 3:30 p.m. kickoff time SUCKS for the home team, and I am not surprised there is a thread trashing the student section. You go to a football game to GO TO THE FOOTBALL GAME. Not a sex party. Not a beer joint. Cheer for the team start to finish or stay your hiney at home. The last Auburn home game I attended (Ole Miss 2019) was against JRP, and the fans left before halftime. It nearly cost Auburn the win.
It DID cost UCF a win tonight. In the most important game since 2017, your fans walked out on their team. Plain and simple. Spin it anyway you want. But your fans left and it impacted the game. If this game was a 7 p.m. or 8 p.m. kick, UCF wins pulling away.
STRANGE GAME: It marked the first time Gus Malzahn has lost at UCF when outrushing the opponent, 235-153. Gus spotted the defense a 35-7 lead. Hate Gus all you want. There is not much else you ask or hope for from the offense in your first conference home game. How does a team give up 26 points in the fourth quarter?
A-WILL ≠ T-WILL: Gus needs to make some tough decisions at the end of this season. An AAC-caliber defensive staff won't get it done in the Big 12. If Gus doesn't clean house, he at least needs to encourage some guys to move on. Addison Williams needs to be thanked for his services; he is the obvious scape goat. Kenny Ingram needs to take an off-the-field position, so Gus can hire a real defensive ends/buck coach. Ernie Sims needs to take his talents back to Tampa or Tallahassee or anywhere nowhere near the Magic Kingdom because the front seven are playing awful. Bobby Bentley needs the OC job, so Gus can "take back over play calling." Not sure happens with David Gibbs. Either Gus hires a real defensive coordinator or Gibbs somehow gets his act together. Otherwise, Gus himself will be looking for a job after 2024.
SWING AND MISS: UCF lacks depth on defense because of significant misses in the transfer portal. Walter Yates III is the second best linebacker on the team, and it is not close. Rian Davis and the rest of the linebackers accounted for one tackle. None of the transfer corners play significant minutes. The ones who do play do not flash. Same goes for offense. Only Chauncey Magwood has a reception among the 2022 transfer receivers. Only the offensive lineman, safeties (Wilson and DeJordan), and snapper we're home runs.
NOT TOP 10: I am beginning to unlike Timmy McClain. While he makes truly incredible plays, he fails to make the routine plays. UCF was 5-of-13 on third downs, and McClain failed to get any positive yards on his final snap. He tried to be the hero instead of making the kick easier for Colton Boomer. This, however, is the only play most people will remember:
KEENE AS MUSTARD: Fresno State is 5-0 and has the nation's second longest winning streak behind thuga. Keene is making the players around him better. Even the defense is playing better.

FWIW, I feel good about the Kansas game so far.

AuburnLegacy1 aka The Gus Malzahn Nuthugger hath spoken. Dude also claims that Arkansas wants to hire ole Gus.

Last edited:
AuburnLegacy1 aka The Gus Malzahn Nuthugger hath spoke. Dude also claims that Arkansas wants to hire ole Gus.

Since you brought it up, the Arkansas folks want Arkansas, not Auburn, to play UCF in the Liberty Bowl so there will be no questioning who to tap as the next coach in Fayetteville.

• Dislike
Reactions: LoboCane
Auburn Legacy 1 is blaming the fans for the L. I guess fans missed tackles? I guess that fans are responsible for the play calling?

Zero points in the fourth quarter and not being able to run the ball for first downs = FANS FAULT (according to the Gus Malzahn Nuthugger)…can’t even make it up…lmao.

Baylor came in losing 7 out of their last 8 games with the only win against an FCS team UCF was up 35-7 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter (UCF was a 10 point favorite) but Auburn Legacy 1 is blaming the fans for the L.

Malzahn is in his third year and the program is trending backwards. What’s his best win this year? Boise? Boise is 2-3 and just lost to Memphis.

To think that Arkansas fans want Malzahn as their head coach is hilarious. Who is this Gus Nuthugger? Seriously…dude is unhinged.

The 3:30 p.m. kickoff time SUCKS for the home team, and I am not surprised there is a thread trashing the student section. You go to a football game to GO TO THE FOOTBALL GAME. Not a sex party. Not a beer joint. Cheer for the team start to finish or stay your hiney at home. The last Auburn home game I attended (Ole Miss 2019) was against JRP, and the fans left before halftime. It nearly cost Auburn the win.
It DID cost UCF a win tonight. In the most important game since 2017, your fans walked out on their team. Plain and simple. Spin it anyway you want. But your fans left and it impacted the game. If this game was a 7 p.m. or 8 p.m. kick, UCF wins pulling away.
STRANGE GAME: It marked the first time Gus Malzahn has lost at UCF when outrushing the opponent, 235-153. Gus spotted the defense a 35-7 lead. Hate Gus all you want. There is not much else you ask or hope for from the offense in your first conference home game. How does a team give up 26 points in the fourth quarter?
A-WILL ≠ T-WILL: Gus needs to make some tough decisions at the end of this season. An AAC-caliber defensive staff won't get it done in the Big 12. If Gus doesn't clean house, he at least needs to encourage some guys to move on. Addison Williams needs to be thanked for his services; he is the obvious scape goat. Kenny Ingram needs to take an off-the-field position, so Gus can hire a real defensive ends/buck coach. Ernie Sims needs to take his talents back to Tampa or Tallahassee or anywhere nowhere near the Magic Kingdom because the front seven are playing awful. Bobby Bentley needs the OC job, so Gus can "take back over play calling." Not sure happens with David Gibbs. Either Gus hires a real defensive coordinator or Gibbs somehow gets his act together. Otherwise, Gus himself will be looking for a job after 2024.
SWING AND MISS: UCF lacks depth on defense because of significant misses in the transfer portal. Walter Yates III is the second best linebacker on the team, and it is not close. Rian Davis and the rest of the linebackers accounted for one tackle. None of the transfer corners play significant minutes. The ones who do play do not flash. Same goes for offense. Only Chauncey Magwood has a reception among the 2022 transfer receivers. Only the offensive lineman, safeties (Wilson and DeJordan), and snapper we're home runs.
NOT TOP 10: I am beginning to unlike Timmy McClain. While he makes truly incredible plays, he fails to make the routine plays. UCF was 5-of-13 on third downs, and McClain failed to get any positive yards on his final snap. He tried to be the hero instead of making the kick easier for Colton Boomer. This, however, is the only play most people will remember:
KEENE AS MUSTARD: Fresno State is 5-0 and has the nation's second longest winning streak behind thuga. Keene is making the players around him better. Even the defense is playing better.

No blaming when a game starts. No blaming whether this person or that person was/wasn't there or doesn't cheer when anybody thinks they should. Players have to make plays. Coaches have to be better. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guinness_Knight
AuburnLegacy1 aka The Gus Malzahn Nuthugger hath spoken. Dude also claims that Arkansas wants to hire ole Gus.

Go back to your room and STFU until your hero (Gus) starts winning the games he should, especially at home. Right now, I would rank him as the worst game day coach we've had since 2016. If he doesn't figure it out, he should be gone at the end of the season.

Don’t let the Malzon simp confuse you. Hiring new coordinators is a waste of time and wont change a thing.

Malzon is a control freak…he would only hire guys that he’s worked with before and will be loyal to him…aka yes men. That is his history…he was forced to hire Kevin Steele at Auburn and they hated each other the entire time.

Also, zero high profile DCs would go to UCF to work under Malzon. 1. Because he’s a control freak that meddles with everything. 2. He would be on the last year of his contract and in the hot seat.

3. If it doesn’t work out this year the best and only realistic option is to fire Gus Malzahn.

Yah you're right. The fans, meaning the students walked out in the 3rd when it's like 35 -10 . What were they thinking?

This game was lost when Baylor made adjustments and UCF didn't which falls on the coaching staff not the fans .

Oh I see…. Late in the 3rd quarter UCF up 35-10. The fans start to trickle out to which the players and coaches notice and begin to freak out. They are in full panic mode and thereby give up 26 unanswered points. If the fan’s had stayed UCF would have won 40-10..lol

3:30 was perfect able to still go out after game.

Ridiculous. Go to the football game TO GO TO THE FOOTBALL GAME or stay home. If UCF isn't worth your full attention, do something else. If you can't sit through 60 minutes of football, stay home. You said "after the game" but folks left in the second quarter. Not "after the game."

Yah you're right. The fans, meaning the students walked out in the 3rd when it's like 35 -10 .

Yes.
Oh I see…. Late in the 3rd quarter UCF up 35-10. The fans start to trickle out ... give up 26 unanswered points. If the fan’s had stayed UCF would have won

Yes

Malzahn is a control freak…he would only hire guys that he’s worked with before and will be loyal to him…aka yes men. That is his history…he was forced to hire Kevin Steele at Auburn and they hated each other the entire time.

Also, zero high profile DCs would go to UCF to work under Malzahn.

Sometimes you post stuff that (you steal from other sites) that is partially true. But you have no idea how to discern between truth and rumor and don't know what you are talking about.

Malzahn is a control freak about the OFFENSE. It is his baby. He is paranoid about someone stealing his concepts. He hires only people who are loyal to him. Rarely does he hire outsiders to coach offense. But does on rare occasion.

You are dead wrong about defense. Gus hires people and let's the results determine whether he retains them. Gus had no connection to David Gibbs prior to hiring him as the DC.

Gus also had incredible DCs at Auburn, Ellis Johnson, Will Muschamp (current thuga defensive coordinator), Kevin Steele (current uat coordinator). Gus turned down two different overtures from Charles Kelly (current Colorado coordinator) for the DC position.

Gus hired Steele away from LSU. It wasn't "forced" on him. Dave Aranda was the hot name at the time and LSU landed him (basically outbid Auburn). I never liked Steele. He gave up 70 points to West Virginia while he was at Clemson. Gus didn't like the fact that Steele's brother-in-law was an associate athletics director at the time because Gus thought it was a conflict of interest.

Who exactly "forced" Gus to hire Steele? The AD? He (Jay Jacobs) was fired and ended up at Florida. If Gus wanted to fire Steele, he could have under the new AD (Allen Greene) that Gus hand picked.

Last edited:
One more thing...

It is "coincidence" that when the crowd was hyped UCF hung 35 points on Baylor and when the fans left UCF scored none.

Coincidence my rear end. Football is a game of momentum, and the crowd plays into that. Why did you think UCF was vulnerable at home during COVID? BECAUSE there was NO crowd.

(Lobo doesn't understand that because the u never draws a crowd. COVID had no effect on the u's attendance.)

Also, the kickoff time played into fans leaving. It was the perfect storm.

Ridiculous. Go to the football game TO GO TO THE FOOTBALL GAME or stay home. If UCF isn't worth your full attention, do something else. If you can't sit through 60 minutes of football, stay home. You said "after the game" but folks left in the second quarter. Not "after the game."

Yes.

Yes

Sometimes you post stuff that (you steal from other sites) that is partially true. But you have no idea how to discern between truth and rumor and don't know what you are talking about.

Malzahn is a control freak about the OFFENSE. It is his baby. He is paranoid about someone stealing his concepts. He hires only people who are loyal to him. Rarely does he hire outsiders to coach offense. But does on rare occasion.

You are dead wrong about defense. Gus hires people and let's the results determine whether he retains them. Gus had no connection to David Gibbs prior to hiring him as the DC.

Gus also had incredible DCs at Auburn, Ellis Johnson, Will Muschamp (current thuga defensive coordinator), Kevin Steele (current uat coordinator). Gus turned down two different overtures from Charles Kelly (current Colorado coordinator) for the DC position.

Gus hired Steele away from LSU. It wasn't "forced" on him. Dave Aranda was the hot name at the time and LSU landed him (basically outbid Auburn). I never liked Steele. He gave up 70 points to West Virginia while he was at Clemson. Gus didn't like the fact that Steele's brother-in-law was an associate athletics director at the time because Gus thought it was a conflict of interest.

Who exactly "forced" Gus to hire Steele? The AD? He (Jay Jacobs) was fired and ended up at Florida. If Gus wanted to fire Steele, he could have under the new AD (Allen Greene) that Gus hand picked.
Dude, with all due respect and I sincerely mea ln that , I am 55 years old and attended UCF games since about 1982 when some local high school football games would draw more fans than UCF . There was the infamous noise penalty game against Troy when UCF was Duvision II and drew close to 35,000 fans to the Citrus Bowl .

My point is ww have sold out the Bounce House numerous times and ha e developed a solid reputation for being a tough place to play for opposing teams . I know it's no Jordan Haire where I have seen UCF play a time or two. And I know compared to the SEC you assume we are bunch wide eyed green horn fans where we need to take the hand of a benevolent SEC fan to show us the way. I get it.

However, we know the way and we have seen the likes of Alabama struggle to retain fans after half time . We see how Miami , the vaunted U struggles to get 20k fans to show up. So , yah in those regards we are very much many P5 programs where students bail at half time because we are up 35-7 .

So thank you for your concerns about UCF and the Fandom crisis, but honestly brother , we got this. We don't need or want a lecture here on how to be p5 especially from a guy who comes from a program over 100 years old . I say that because UCF has historically out performed in the fan arena and UCF fans behave no different than most fans .

You do fans the Auburn way abd ww will do fans the UCF way. Fair enough? Second, read the room brother. Reason number 37 why non SEC fans don't care for SEC fans is the condescending and arrogant nature of their actions and words . You think you're giving advice but in many ways you drip with superior attitude because you root for Auburn .

We don't care . I have a ton of family who graduated from Auburn and my brother teaches engineering there. I have zero animosity towards Auburn but I am not of fan of an Auburn fan telling the UCF kingdom how it should be done either .

Anyway, I am in different towards Gus and his style. I knew it coming in from Auburn who thr guy was and I see the same guy . It is what it is . Our fans are great and we will be OK.

Dude, with all due respect and I sincerely mea ln that , I am 55 years old and attended UCF games since about 1982 when some local high school football games would draw more fans than UCF . There was the infamous noise penalty game against Troy when UCF was Duvision II and drew close to 35,000 fans to the Citrus Bowl .

My point is ww have sold out the Bounce House numerous times and ha e developed a solid reputation for being a tough place to play for opposing teams . I know it's no Jordan Haire where I have seen UCF play a time or two. And I know compared to the SEC you assume we are bunch wide eyed green horn fans where we need to take the hand of a benevolent SEC fan to show us the way. I get it.

However, we know the way and we have seen the likes of Alabama struggle to retain fans after half time . We see how Miami , the vaunted U struggles to get 20k fans to show up. So , yah in those regards we are very much many P5 programs where students bail at half time because we are up 35-7 .

So thank you for your concerns about UCF and the Fandom crisis, but honestly brother , we got this. We don't need or want a lecture here on how to be p5 especially from a guy who comes from a program over 100 years old . I say that because UCF has historically out performed in the fan arena and UCF fans behave no different than most fans .

You do fans the Auburn way abd ww will do fans the UCF way. Fair enough? Second, read the room brother. Reason number 37 why non SEC fans don't care for SEC fans is the condescending and arrogant nature of their actions and words . You think you're giving advice but in many ways you drip with superior attitude because you root for Auburn .

We don't care . I have a ton of family who graduated from Auburn and my brother teaches engineering there. I have zero animosity towards Auburn but I am not of fan of an Auburn fan telling the UCF kingdom how it should be done either .

Anyway, I am in different towards Gus and his style. I knew it coming in from Auburn who thr guy was and I see the same guy . It is what it is . Our fans are great and we will be OK.

This is something near and dear to my heart my man. It has nothing to do with "superiority." When I was in a student at Auburn, I left a game early, like at halftime. I found out the other team had come back and won at the last second. I felt a GREAT sense of grief and guilt because I had walked out on my team. I made a promise to myself that I would never do that again. I learned my lesson.

It is easy to be a keyboard warrior and point the finger at players on scholarship and coaches who get paid millions of dollars to win games. But can you point the finger at yourself? Can an empty seat bounce?

I got banned from an Auburn message board once because I lit Into those .... after the 2019 Ole Miss game where JRP nearly led a comeback in a quarter filled stadium. They walked out of Jordan-Hare during halftime of a conference game during a 9 or 10 win season. Oh you should have read some of there excuses: "It's my money. I will leave when I please." Stay yo ... at home then! Give your tickets away! It was a big freaking deal to me. It was the last l college game I went to in person.

Y'all ain't 'my' people, but it bothers the heck out of me. It bothered me so bad I woke up at 4:30 am this morning and couldn't sleep without coming back on here to rip y'all sone more. This was the first Big 12 home game in the history of UCF. Not some random uat game against a nobody that no one will remember. If y'all will leave early given the significance of this game, then it stands to reason y'all will walk out again.

How many people walked out of the UCF-Boise State game in 2021 when Gus staged the largest comeback in school history? All I am saying is crowd noise and momentum matter. Why does EVERYTHING have to be more important than football? If you want the players and coaches dialed in, then you should be dialed in yourself.

If it wasn't a big deal and if it didn't matter, why did a reporter ask Alec Holler if missing the 12th man mattered and why did he respond "I don't think I have to answer that" in his press conference?

This is something near and dear to my heart my man. It has nothing to do with "superiority." When I was in a student at Auburn, I left a game early, like at halftime. I found out the other team had come back and won at the last second. I felt a GREAT sense of grief and guilt because I had walked out on my team. I made a promise to myself that I would never do that again. I learned my lesson.

It is easy to be a keyboard warrior and point the finger at players on scholarship and coaches who get paid millions of dollars to win games. But can you point the finger at yourself? Can an empty seat bounce?

I got banned from an Auburn message board once because I lit Into those .... after the 2019 Ole Miss game where JRP nearly led a comeback in a quarter filled stadium. They walked out of Jordan-Hare during halftime of a conference game during a 9 or 10 win season. Oh you should have read some of there excuses: "It's my money. I will leave when I please." Stay yo ... at home then! Give your tickets away! It was a big freaking deal to me. It was the last l college game I went to in person.

Y'all ain't 'my' people, but it bothers the heck out of me. It bothered me so bad I woke up at 4:30 am this morning and couldn't sleep without coming back on here to rip y'all sone more. This was the first Big 12 home game in the history of UCF. Not some random uat game against a nobody that no one will remember. If y'all will leave early given the significance of this game, then it stands to reason y'all will walk out again.

How many people walked out of the UCF-Boise State game in 2021 when Gus staged the largest comeback in school history? All I am saying is crowd noise and momentum matter. Why does EVERYTHING have to be more important than football? If you want the players and coaches dialed in, then you should be dialed in yourself.

If it wasn't a big deal and if it didn't matter, why did a reporter ask Alec Holler if missing the 12th man mattered and why did he respond "I don't think I have to answer that" in his press conference?
dude get a grip. a lot of things are more important than football. we derive enjoyment from the game, that's it, there is no greater purpose to it. when people are no longer enjoying it they go and find something else to do. it's a job for gus, a highly paid one and the players these days make a little something from it, so it's a job for them too. they should keep themselves motivated when they are up by 4 TDs.

people walk out of blowouts to tell the opposition you suck i have better things to do than watch you get mauled especially since i don't hate you. where these fans were stupid is that this never felt like a blowout at 28-7 or 35-7. it just felt lucky in a way. our qb was 6-13, they were running the ball, etc. i never got the this is comfortable feeling.

The Gus Malzahn Nuthugger is having a full blown breakdown…dude is off his meds again.

The Gus Malzahn Nuthugger is having a full blown breakdown…dude is off his meds again.

I hope you enjoyed your off week. You have only one more week of playing a team with a losing record in 2022 before actually playing a team that had a winning record last year.

dude get a grip. a lot of things are more important than football. we derive enjoyment from the game, that's it, there is no greater purpose to it. when people are no longer enjoying it they go and find something else to do. it's a job for gus, a highly paid one and the players these days make a little something from it, so it's a job for them too. they should keep themselves motivated when they are up by 4 TDs.

people walk out of blowouts to tell the opposition you suck i have better things to do than watch you get mauled especially since i don't hate you. where these fans were stupid is that this never felt like a blowout at 28-7 or 35-7. it just felt lucky in a way. our qb was 6-13, they were running the ball, etc. i never got the this is comfortable feeling.

"IF" you go to the game ...

Support your team.
Cheer.
Be engaged.
Watch the team you PAID to see.

(I don't see what is hard about that.)

Is it that freaking important to run out of the stadium at halftime to get to a Dave & Busters with no wait?

It is "coincidence" that when the crowd was hyped UCF hung 35 points on Baylor and when the fans left UCF scored none.

Coincidence my rear end. Football is a game of momentum, and the crowd plays into that. Why did you think UCF was vulnerable at home during COVID? BECAUSE there was NO crowd.
By that logic how do we ever have a chance of winning a road game ever again?

The last time I left a UCF home game before it ended was one of the times when we played Marshall during our C-USA days. We left thinking UCF had lost. It was sometime between the 3rd and 4th quarter. We were outside the stadium walking away when we suddenly heard cheering from people at where BurgerU now is (I forget what sports bar was there at the time). We watched UCF pull off an amazing come-from-behind win on the TVs in the restaurant, wishing we had stayed in our seats. Since then, I have NEVER AGAIN left a UCF football game early, not even in years like 2015 when every single opponent was kicking our ass. I'm not saying this to prove that I'm better than any other UCF fans or that my presence there makes a difference in the game's outcome or whatever. Obviously, I want to support the team, but also, I just want to make sure I never miss anything amazing like what happened in that UCF-Marshall game ever again. I hear what AuburnLegacy is saying about staying until the end and agree with it to some extent because this was our first-ever Big XII home game, and I think the players were expecting a full stadium throughout, which I think many of us here expected as well. At the same time, however, I agree with my fellow UCF fans here that using fans leaving early as an excuse for defeat rings a bit hollow. But there was something much different about this game: This was the Big XII home opener. It wasn't just another home game. There shouldn't have been massive numbers of empty seats in the third quarter no matter what the score was. Any time you get to be a part of a historical game like that, I say stay until the end no matter what.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
It's on the admin to make this something special for the students who choose to stay. Students give zero f**ks about the BIG XII stuff compared to us bums on this forum. I think when I was there as a kid, I knew some stuff about the team as a student in the early 2000's, but I am way more of a fan today than I ever was then. There are so many other things for students to do.

I started seeing videos of the pre-game concert and I knew no way these kids were going to make it past halftime. They were having a blast, tons of energy. Honestly jealous we didn't have that stuff when I was there. I understand the hype building, but maybe put that concert at halftime in the stadium, or make it post-game. A day game, tailgating in the heat, a concert, and then screaming in the sun in a stadium for 2 quarters of football during a blowout? They are not thinking about the f**king Big XII, or recruits, they're toasted lol.

While I am disappointed that they left en masse, and so are some of the current and former players, it's not solely on them. UCF wants them to stay the entire game? Better come up with a way to make it happen.

While no question I think the crowd helps us, it's tough to say that students would have willed RJ not to fumble, or Timmy not to throw a pick, or Mitch not to have an absolute bust for a punt.

This is another high-quality team loss, and there's blame all around.

The last time I left a UCF home game before it ended was one of the times when we played Marshall during our C-USA days. We left thinking UCF had lost....

I have never left an actual game but I have to say that turning the game off TV early made me miss Hail Perriman live. That's the last time I shut off a game with time remaining.

Reactions: PositYourself
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT