ADVERTISEMENT

Now this is is an upgrade program I can get with

brahmanknight

Sep 5, 2007
Winter Park
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/private-jet-upgrades-now-super-perk-few-delta-fliers-n399841

150728-delta-private-jet-1506_e40ac73297abbf70b1cb67f1ead58743.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

Delta Air Lines will soon begin offering a new upgrade option to select fliers that will literally land them outside the plane: a seat on a private jet. With the perk, Delta Air Lines has leap-frogged the competition in the contest to offer innovative frequent flier perks - and earn more money.

As first reported by Bloomberg News, Delta will begin offering the private jet upgrade in the coming week to select members of Delta's SkyMiles program at the elite or "medallion" level. The program will offer private jet upgrades for between $300 to $800 on planes in the Delta Private Jets fleet that are not otherwise in use, Bloomberg said.

Delta has 66 light, midsize, super-midsize and large jets in its private jet fleet, which are usually only available on a charter basis, either on a pay-as-you-go rate or at a "reduced" hourly rate that starts at $5,500 for those who have pre-purchased at least $100,000 worth of flight time.

As with other private jet fleets, planes often sit unused or fly empty on one or more legs when they are being repositioned after dropping off paying customers.

Reactions: UCFEE
Oh man I can't even tell you how much I wish United had this. I would be high rollin like a boss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT