Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BFG (Big Frickin German)

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

shacket

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2020
Wanted to start a thread to discuss what happened with the O-Line group in 2019, not intended to flame players or coaches just wanted to hear the board's thoughts on the group's performance. I and others expected 2019 to be one of our best O-lines ever, but I think they turned out to be our most inconsistent position group.

Was it injuries? Position changes? Opponent game planning (3-3-5)? Can we expect a better performance from LRB's group next year?

Coaching and 3-3-5 kind of go hand in hand for me here. We weren't prepared for it and didn't adjust quickly enough. We haven't traditionally been a team that opponents save an entirely new look for, but that is reality now. Adapt or die.

QB progression is the key to every college season anymore, with OL being #2, since their performance directly relates to QB progression.

Do you guys think we can address/have addressed the issues with the 3-3-5?

Do you guys think we can address/have addressed the issues with the 3-3-5?
Well how do you beat 3-3-5? You should have the numbers advantage so:

1. The linemen have to communicate properly and know their assignments when the blitz comes (I think this was lacking last year)
2. The QB has to keep the ball on zone reads. (We got more of this as the season went on). Last year the DEs in the Cincy and Pitt games never had to respect DG keeping it which makes their jobs incredibly easy
3. Run a bigger back like BT that can break a tackle.

Wanted to start a thread to discuss what happened with the O-Line group in 2019, not intended to flame players or coaches just wanted to hear the board's thoughts on the group's performance. I and others expected 2019 to be one of our best O-lines ever, but I think they turned out to be our most inconsistent position group.

Was it injuries? Position changes? Opponent game planning (3-3-5)? Can we expect a better performance from LRB's group next year?
Killins is gone. Anderson is back :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT