ADVERTISEMENT

Official JRP Apology Thread

jt_knight

Four-Star Recruit
Dec 31, 2017
Following KZ's freshman season a lot of fans weren't sold on him as the QB and were clamoring for Frost to give another QB a try (Mack, Vedral). Then KZ shut up all the doubters and became a UCF legend and the "official apology" thread was created.

About two games into the JRP era I was convinced he had no business playing QB at this level. But after what I've seen Gus do with the QBs he's put out there this year* it has to be a minor miracle that JRP was as productive as he was in this mess of an offense.

I'm sorry, JRP that I never appreciated your greatness. I see what you had to overcome and I now think you had the skill to be a serviceable back up at a decent program.

*I'll reserve judgment on Rizik and Colsen until I see more (hopefully with a new coach).

I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but I’d like to add Timmy to that. Yes, he had issues with situational IQ moments, but of all the QBs we’ve had in the Gus era, Timmy McClain could really spin it more than anybody else. I wish we gave him more of a chance here.

Following KZ's freshman season a lot of fans weren't sold on him as the QB and were clamoring for Frost to give another QB a try (Mack, Vedral). Then KZ shut up all the doubters and became a UCF legend and the "official apology" thread was created.

About two games into the JRP era I was convinced he had no business playing QB at this level. But after what I've seen Gus do with the QBs he's put out there this year* it has to be a minor miracle that JRP was as productive as he was in this mess of an offense.

I'm sorry, JRP that I never appreciated your greatness. I see what you had to overcome and I now think you had the skill to be a serviceable back up at a decent program.

*I'll reserve judgment on Rizik and Colsen until I see more (hopefully with a new coach).
Ol JRP is still hanging around with the Jags. He's always loose and animated in every video I see him in. Just like he was at UCF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT