ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma

SimpleJack53

Bronze Knight
Oct 23, 2018
Oklahoma wins 51 -46 they are so awesome all the coaches suck them off.

UCF wins 52- 40 we fall in the poll.

How can they continue to not realize their bias. How is this not discrimination?
How can the CFP director claim there is a path. (If all P5 teams have 3+losses?, is that the legit "path"?)

All of these teams between 3-12 look very beatable.

How can they continue to not realize their bias. How is this not discrimination?
How can the CFP director claim there is a path. (If all P5 teams have 3+losses?, is that the legit "path"?)

This was a expected close game if you follow the Colley Matrix rankings. The CM had them ranked in the Top 25. Not ranked by the subjective human polls. Another example of the CM computers outperforming subjective human evaluations.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html

I agree with the complaint, but I think only muppets pay attention to the coaches poll, probably usually filled out by some underling.

Its disappointing.
I thought we were making progress.

Keep exposing the system.

Quick, name the ONLY team that fell in either poll despite winning?

We also covered the spread......

Reactions: atletico68
I don't like the polls either but we gave up 670 yards on defense last Thursday. It has to have a down side effect. N.D. beating Northwestern by 10 points is similar to our score against Temple. However, the pollsters will use anything negative against us.

UCF fans have a lot to be proud about. We beat Alabama. We almost beat Nebraska during their heyday with Daunte Culpepper. We got screwed out of a bowl game that year. In 2013, we played a full BCS schedule and won the Big East and went on to a victory in the Fiesta Bowl. We've won many Division I conference championships. We went undefeated and won the Peach Bowl last year. Let's finish strong this year and win whatever bowl game they put us in.

I'd love to see us go undefeated this year and extend the streak into 2019. We could put this in their face for some time. We're NOT going to stop having winning teams in the future either. Our future is bright and we don't have to hope every year for our team to win 6 games and make it into a bowl which is where MOST P5 teams are :)

Last edited:
Do you think Kyler Murray would start for OU in a non-playoff bowl game? He's got that MLB career coming up he may not want to jeopardize. That's the last thing we need is to be matched up with OU and them not even start their QB. The excuses write themselves.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
I disagree. It's not having a down side effect on any other team with similar results. We won and covered the spread. Move us the #@$% up!
ESPN announcers at half time were trashing us bad thursday as legit with offensive yardage given up. They're the mouthpieces of CFP.

There is a path to the top of Everest and few will ever make it. I think our path is like climbing Mt. Everest for the average couch potato.

Reactions: mattropolis
Texas Tech gets more respect than Temple. A close win over TT is better than a close win against Temple in the minds of the voters. Are Pitt and Georgia Tech the only wins by the conference over P5 teams with a winning record?

Texas Tech gets more respect than Temple. A close win over TT is better than a close win against Temple in the minds of the voters. Are Pitt and Georgia Tech the only wins by the conference over P5 teams with a winning record?
Temple beat Maryland (5-4). Houston beat Arizona who has a winning record in the Pac12 but is 5-5 overall.

Temple beat Maryland (5-4). Houston beat Arizona who has a winning record in the Pac12 but is 5-5 overall.

What does this have to do with anything? LSU is propped up by a win over Miami. Are taking heads dogging them about Miami being garbage? No they are touting LSU's win over a when played ranked Miami.

Reactions: akahotsizzle
What does this have to do with anything? LSU is propped up by a win over Miami. Are taking heads dogging them about Miami being garbage? No they are touting LSU's win over a when played ranked Miami.
Sorry to anger you. As you can see in the post I quoted, the poster was asking if the conference had beaten other P5 teams with winning records besides Pitt and Georgia Tech. Just thought I’d provide the info. Sorry.

Only reason Oklahoma won was because Tech's starter left the game at half time and didn't play the 2nd half. They were losing and would've lost if not for that, the Tech backup wasn't very good and still almost beat them.
That was one of the oddest incidents I've ever heard of. QB was warming up at halftime and gets hit in the face/head by an errant football, and is unable to play the second half. Guy was on fire as well. Kid that subbed in looked pretty good and was gritty but in no way was playing like the guy from the first half.

That was the urban myth....he actually had a partially collapsed lung and spent the night in the hospital.

Sorry to anger you. As you can see in the post I quoted, the poster was asking if the conference had beaten other P5 teams with winning records besides Pitt and Georgia Tech. Just thought I’d provide the info. Sorry.

No problem with you.
They should start a new thread if they have other topics.

The sentiment is starting to change on r/cfb. Especially after this OSU poll stuff. Fans with zero connection to UCF are not only understanding the argument, but many of them are starting to come on board. It's been so entertaining. Just keep winning. The pressure on the detractors is going to get uncomfortable if we're still showing a big fat 0 in the L column after Navy and Cincy.

We really need Pitt to win out. They will beat WF, and the U is about to implode on Richt. VaTech is the only one they might lose. If they do that, on top of a W against a now ranked Syracuse (which btw how the...?), Pitt should be ranked in the top 25.

Game against VaTech is at Pitt. If they win that, I think they are in the ACC championship game as long as they win one of their final two games, which honestly could be tougher than anticipated because they are both on the road (Wake and Miami). Never underestimate upsets when teams are playing on the road. The only team that could have the tiebreaker against them right now is Miami.

In other words, if they don't win this weekend, I think everyone except UNC is still in play for the Coastal title.

Pitt historically likes to knock of Clemson and Miami, let's go Pitt, win the ACC. Talk about a long shot.

Game against VaTech is at Pitt. If they win that, I think they are in the ACC championship game as long as they win one of their final two games, which honestly could be tougher than anticipated because they are both on the road (Wake and Miami). Never underestimate upsets when teams are playing on the road. The only team that could have the tiebreaker against them right now is Miami.

In other words, if they don't win this weekend, I think everyone except UNC is still in play for the Coastal title.
Don't worry about Miami, they are going to get steamrolled by Ga Tech this weekend.

CircularReasoning.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT