ADVERTISEMENT

OL

Psycho Jim

Bronze Knight
Oct 21, 2011
Looking at the performance in the last few games, OL is our biggest need and signing day didn't fix it enough.

JRP has the speed to evade guys when the pocket breaks down, but the amount of time he has to do anything has dropped through.
JRP's speed covers up a number of problems with the OL

This was most evident when TC was taking snaps and he had no time to do much.

We are in trouble next year if this is not fixed.

Last edited:
there was a play where Bowser picked up the blitz and JRP ran straight into the pressure . zero football IQ
On the fourth down play he scrambled backwards first, then outran a defender to the sideline…while this was happening Alec Holler had slipped into a throwing lane about 5 yds past line to gain, but jrp didnt wven look his way and eventually threw a crappy ball to javon for 1 yard

OL grades well by PFF. Our QB has no pocket presence.

The numbers don't lie. The only area where the OLinenen were terrible was allowing sacks.

I don't get all these people trashing the OL. I thought this was one of Herb Hand's greatest coaching jobs of the last 10 seasons.

The QB always gets the blame, but in this case, JRP's deserves almost all the blame for the offensive debacles in 2022.

Reactions: FoxKnight

The numbers don't lie. The only area where the OLinenen were terrible was allowing sacks.

I don't get all these people trashing the OL. I thought this was one of Herb Hand's greatest coaching jobs of the last 10 seasons.

The QB always gets the blame, but in this case, JRP's deserves almost all the blame for the offensive debacles in 2022.
Yeah. Sack rate is influenced by a QB running into sacks rather than feeling the pocket. PFF actually grades the individuals rather than blanket attribution of sacks to the OL.

And alot of those sacks were bc jrp ran into the DE setting the edge. Just absolute clueless qb play

If all of this us true then we just need a QB coach. Gus ran DG and MK out of town he needs to have an answer. Gus thinks JRP is TCUs QB.

Gus should have changed his offense just a little and kept DG slinging it and we likely are in the Cotton Bowl this year with another CCG win too.

We have a head coach it is up to him to find the right QB coach and QB

If all of this us true then we just need a QB coach. Gus ran DG and MK out of town he needs to have an answer. Gus thinks JRP is TCUs QB.

Gus should have changed his offense just a little and kept DG slinging it and we likely are in the Cotton Bowl this year with another CCG win too.

We have a head coach it is up to him to find the right QB coach and QB
UCF needs to hit on Marcellus Marshall and Amari Kight because the Knights lose Ryan Swoboda and Samuel Jackson. Both will be drafted or sign undrafted free agent contracts.

Ideally, Matt Lee, Ed Collins (Super Senior), and Tylan Grable (Super Senior) return; Nate Brady returns and solidifies the reserve center spot behind Lee; and Cameron Kinnie and Josh Harris (Super Senior) returns to spell both guard positions.

Given all those things happen ...

Kight will start at LT and Grable will move over to RT where his athleticism will be better utilized in the run game. Marshall will start at left guard and Lokahi Pauole at right guard. With Kinnie, Harris, Adrian Medley, Paul Rubelt, Miguel Maldonado, Nate Brady, Collins, and others as reserves, UCF would have the deepest, most experienced offensive line in the Big12.

Unfortunately, Grable could declare. Collins and Harris could give up football. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
UCF needs to hit on Marcellus Marshall and Amari Kight because the Knights lose Ryan Swoboda and Samuel Jackson. Both will be drafted or sign undrafted free agent contracts.

Ideally, Matt Lee, Ed Collins (Super Senior), and Tylan Grable (Super Senior) return; Nate Brady returns and solidifies the reserve center spot behind Lee; and Cameron Kinnie and Josh Harris (Super Senior) returns to spell both guard positions.

Kight will start at LT and Grable will move over to RT where his athleticism will be better utilized in the run game. Marshall will start at left guard and Lokahi Pauole at right guard. With Kinnie, Harris, Aaron Medley, Paul Rubelt, Miguel Maldonado, Nate Brady, Collins, and others as reserves, UCF would have the deepest, most experienced offensive line in the Big12.

Unfortunately, Grable could declare. Collins and Harris could give up football. We'll have to wait and see.
Agreed except I think Marshall starts at right tackle and Medley should get the nod at left guard. Don't think that Marshall is leaving a starting position to come here as a backup.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Looking at the performance in the last few games, OL is our biggest need and signing day didn't fix it enough.

JRP has the speed to evade guys when the pocket breaks down, but the amount of time he has to do anything has dropped through.
JRP's speed covers up a number of problems with the OL

This was most evident when TC was taking snaps and he had no time to do much.

We are in trouble next year if this is not fixed.
With the two very good OTs that we picked up in the portal I believe it has largely been fixed, especially if Medley comes back healthy next season.

Medley was pretty much flawless when he subbed for Cole Schneider in '21 when Schneider was hurt for a couple of games. I believe it was Medley's preseason injury this year that required Jackson to move from right tackle to left guard. I'm really looking forward/ hoping for Medley's healthy return. He has earned the opportunity.

Reactions: tjb74
Agreed except I think Marshall starts at right tackle and Medley should get the nod at left guard. Don't think that Marshall is leaving a starting position to come here as a backup.
With the two very good OTs that we picked up in the portal I believe it has largely been fixed, especially if Medley comes back healthy next season.

Medley was pretty much flawless when he subbed for Cole Schneider in '21 when Schneider was hurt for a couple of games. I believe it was Medley's preseason injury this year that required Jackson to move from right tackle to left guard. I'm really looking forward/ hoping for Medley's healthy return. He has earned the opportunity.
I thought Medley sucked. I am saying UCF will move Marshall inside if Grable returns.

First Team
LT Kight
LG Marshall
C Lee
RG Pauole
RT Grable

Second Team
LT Collins
LG Kinnie/Medley
C Brady
RG Harris
RT Rubelt

I thought Medley sucked. I am saying UCF will move Marshall inside if Grable returns.

First Team
LT Kight
LG Marshall
C Lee
RG Pauole
RT Grable

Second Team
LT Collins
LG Kinnie/Medley
C Brady
RG Harris
RT Rubelt
We can agree to disagree. We'll see. Either way, I just hope we have a more potent line and offense in '23.

We can agree to disagree. We'll see. Either way, I just hope we have a more potent line and offense in '23.
My depth chart is my ideal senerio.

What I think will happen is Grable will get a fourth round grade and declare. Matt Lee *should* turn pro. He has nothing left to prove IMO. The only reason he would return is to win the Remington award. Ed Collins will probably give up football.

Reshuffling the lineup leads to a depth chart like this ...

First Team
LT Kight
LG Medley/Harris
C Kinnie
RG Pauole
RT Marshall/Rubelt

That's a cluster*ck.

Kight will start at LT and Grable will move over to RT where his athleticism will be better utilized in the run game. Marshall will start at left guard and Lokahi Pauole at right guard. With Kinnie, Harris, Adrian Medley, Paul Rubelt, Miguel Maldonado, Nate Brady, Collins, and others as reserves, UCF would have the deepest, most experienced offensive line in the Big12.

Have u seen grable play this year? Him declaring would be like me declaring im available to hot 21 yr old blondes on tinder. Neither means squat

Reactions: mattropolis
Have u seen grable play this year? Him declaring would be like me declaring im available to hot 21 yr old blondes on tinder. Neither means squat
With enough money, you'll pull plenty of hot 21 year old blondes.

Pr

MK was sacked a lot when he played also.
Due to OL play? I think the game with sack issues was when navy blitzed an extra guy off the edge and he was left untouched. Pretty sure it’s the TE or RB responsibility to pick up the blitzer.

My depth chart is my ideal senerio.

What I think will happen is Grable will get a fourth round grade and declare. Matt Lee *should* turn pro. He has nothing left to prove IMO. The only reason he would return is to win the Remington award. Ed Collins will probably give up football.

Reshuffling the lineup leads to a depth chart like this ...

First Team
LT Kight
LG Medley/Harris
C Kinnie
RG Pauole
RT Marshall/Rubelt

That's a cluster*ck.

Matt Lee to the portal, cluster*ck has just entered the room.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Or that Gus has recently met with him and advised that there is an incoming transfer experienced center who weighs a lot more than 295 lbs.
Crack head take. You don't have a meeting like that with a two-time all conference legacy player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guinness_Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT