ADVERTISEMENT

Old Man Query: Fandango? Other?

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
TL;DR version ...

Q: Fandango app/service? Still good? Or better options? Cheaper options? Aged myself? TL;DR?

Overly talkative, Gen-X geezer version ...

It's been so long since I've paid to go to a movie theater more than once or twice a year. I totally skip summer blockbusters, and wait for streaming. I think it's been maybe 3 times in the last 3 years, at least when I had to pay. Those were almost all walk-ups, unplanned. And I paid a group rate for 'First Man' last year -- I think that's the last movie I wanted to see in the theaters since it was announced years before.

Being a Le Mans fanboy, 'Ford v. Ferrari' is a must for me. So ...

I still have a Fandango account. Anyone else still using it? Good? Bad? Expensive compared to other options? Did I just age myself? Looking for unrestrained opinions. It's the Cooler, after all ...

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
I'm pretty sure Fandango is the only option for most theaters for online purchasing. It's the service I still use. Might as well use your Fandango account to get rewards.

I'm pretty sure Fandango is the only option for most theaters for online purchasing. It's the service I still use. Might as well use your Fandango account to get rewards.
I didn't want to assume this since I'm outta-date, but thanx for confirming.

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Ford v. Ferrari (aka Le Mans '66) is 4.5-stars in my book. It's about the men, not the machines, and should have been called Ford v. Shelby-Miles.

My only disappointment is that they didn't cover the exciting finish of Sebring '66, and totally by-passed the event. It would have also explained the 'Triple Crown' better. But at least Daytona '66 and Le Mans '66 were front'n center.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT