ADVERTISEMENT

One Intelligent Comment went ignored on this forum

It’s too flawed and complicated to explain

There are numerous reasons

No worries. UCFBS or Matropolis will explain it
all again just by cutting and pasting their past posts

SMH, these two trolls are enough to make a Catholic priest reconsider his position on abortion rights.

Reactions: Mikesi
Very flawed. I'll let you explain. lol
Well I would hope one of you could do it and not defer to a third party, considering its the argument that you are making.

FWIW, you didnt lose your last coaching staff because of money, it was a perfect storm of "home calling" and the relationship that was formed amongst that staff. The same would be true if OU wanted to hire CJH, but maybe without the whole staff leaving. Either way, a good AD like DW can recognize coaching talent and fill positions as needed regardless of money. It may mean a little bit more turnover from time to time but it obviously isn't preventing UCF from attaining an elite level of success.

And BTW, if you think I'm a troll then you can KMA.

Well I would hope one of you could do it and not defer to a third party, considering its the argument that you are making.

FWIW, you didnt lose your last coaching staff because of money, it was a perfect storm of "home calling" and the relationship that was formed amongst that staff. The same would be true if OU wanted to hire CJH, but maybe without the whole staff leaving. Either way, a good AD like DW can recognize coaching talent and fill positions as needed regardless of money. It may mean a little bit more turnover from time to time but it obviously isn't preventing UCF from attaining an elite level of success.

By the way, your signature win this year was vs Michigan State at home. Before you guys think that you’re back, it’s 7-7 between them and Rutgers in the 4th.

Here’s just one answer. If we were in a P5 conference, we would have a top 25 recruiting class every year. Since we are superior already at developing talent, how good would we be with only that 1 argument?

Here’s just one answer. If we were in a P5 conference, we would have a top 25 recruiting class every year. Since we are superior already at developing talent, how good would we be with only that 1 argument?

Oh. So having a top 25 recruiting class = success. Nebraska is 4-8 for 2 straight years with higher ranked classes than UCF. So am I to assume that UCF is just magically making 60th ranked classes the equivalent of top 5 classes, or should I assume that your opponents suck like everybody else claims?

In your opinion, do you need to have higher ranked recruiting to be an elite program? And if so, justify the claims that UCF is being screwed by the playoff committee.

Your argument is very flawed.

I think the first part of the second paragraph is right on. We do pretty well on G5 money because of what he said: culture, coaching, campus, talent, administration, etc. Plenty of P5's do a lot less with a lot more. Those who attended know that UCF is a special place, and no, not just because the campus is nice. That factors into recruiting (and not just of players) in a big way.

If it were just about money, all the bluebloods would be at the top and the rest of the P5 would follow and the G5 would be at the bottom. It's not like that, even now.

Money helps but it isn't everything.

Oh. So having a top 25 recruiting class = success. Nebraska is 4-8 for 2 straight years with higher ranked classes than UCF. So am I to assume that UCF is just magically making 60th ranked classes the equivalent of top 5 classes, or should I assume that your opponents suck like everybody else claims?

In your opinion, do you need to have higher ranked recruiting to be an elite program? And if so, justify the claims that UCF is being screwed by the playoff committee.
What I’m saying is we can withstand the rigors of any P5 conference schedule with that recruiting and depth. Stop comparing us to NGEbraska.

So am I to assume that UCF is just magically making 60th ranked classes the equivalent of top 5 classes
Yes. We are smarter than NGEbraska. Smarter than most actually

Assume our 60 is equal to top 30 and add heart.

WhoCF, you make a lot of good points. It’s hard to tell what UCF’s record would be. You can’t just pencil in wins against almost any of the SEC teams...especially on the road...and especially if key players are hurt. Winning at Texas A & M, Bama, Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, LSU, Missouri, Miss St. etc. would be difficult for almost any team in the country. Playing against these teams each week would be coin flips at best, and when you play a bunch of them, you end up dropping some of the games. It’s just math. There’s a reason why almost all of these teams have losses. They all beat each other up throughout the year and there’s no reason to think that UCF...or any other solid team...would be any different.

What I’m saying is we can withstand the rigors of any P5 conference schedule with that recruiting and depth. Stop comparing us to NGEbraska.
You are the ones making the comparison and claiming that things are unfair, not me. Why do you guys bitch about not receiving the same benefits as P5 schools on one hand, then say you're better than all but a couple of P5 schools on the other hand? Then double down by saying you're at a disadvantage but also say that the disadvantage is irrelevant because you're better than everyone else? Seriously, some of you guys have Stockholm syndrome coupled with delusions of grandeur or something, because I have seriously never seen anyone claim greatness while at the same time making excuses for not being great like this.

You are the ones making the comparison and claiming that things are unfair, not me. Why do you guys bitch about not receiving the same benefits as P5 schools on one hand, then say you're better than all but a couple of P5 schools on the other hand? Then double down by saying you're at a disadvantage but also say that the disadvantage is irrelevant because you're better than everyone else? Seriously, some of you guys have Stockholm syndrome coupled with delusions of grandeur or something, because I have seriously never seen anyone claim greatness while at the same time making excuses for not being great like this.

Agreed, it really makes no sense.

WhoCF, you make a lot of good points.

Maybe you two could continue your love fest on an appropriate forum, perhaps one with orange and blue in the color scheme.

Somehow when P5 people are doing the figuring we're always terrible on paper. On this board we aren't interested in your brand of figuring. We are interested in winning games played on grass rather than those played on paper, some of which take place around new year's day. If all goes as well as we hope, maybe we'll see you there.

Reactions: atsKnight
This argument only applies as a rebuttal to UCF playing a P5 schedule week in and week out. I gave you one very adequate and valid reason as to what we would do as a P5 program

Stop making this more complicated than it needs to be

Somehow when P5 people are doing the figuring we're always terrible on paper. On this board we aren't interested in your brand of figuring. We are interested in winning games played on grass rather than those played on paper, some of which take place around new year's day. If all goes as well as we hope, maybe we'll see you there.

I don’t think UCF is terrible on paper. UCF is a quality team, no doubt. Most of the rest of the teams in the conference are quite bad, however.

Last edited:
Maybe you two could continue your love fest on an appropriate forum, perhaps one with orange and blue in the color scheme.

No, you do care. which is why there is so much crying about the rankings. If all you cared about was winning then there wouldn't be as many threads on this board about the playoff committee, P5 fans, or the rankings. If it was all about winning, posters wouldnt go over to other teams boards looking fir posts that they can take out of context in an attempt to act as though the rest of the college football world is a bunch of assholes whose sole purpose is to deligitimize UCF.

No, you do care. which is why there is so much crying about the rankings. If all you cared about was winning then there wouldn't be as many threads on this board about the playoff committee, P5 fans, or the rankings. If it was all about winning, posters wouldnt go over to other teams boards looking fir posts that they can take out of context in an attempt to act as though the rest of the college football world is a bunch of assholes whose sole purpose is to deligitimize UCF.

Wrong.

I don't care about hypothetical matchups on paper figured by P5 people. We always seem to lose those.

And it's not the entire rest of the college football world, its the committee and others with a monetary interest in keeping half the league out.

The committee created a path which is impossible for a team outside the P5 to do without a massively lucky OOC schedule.

It's all very simple.

To my original post, maybe I wasn't clear. What I don't care about is how P5 people think our W/L would be with a hypothetical P5 schedule. Further, I care even less about how P5 people think P5 basement dwellers would fare in the AAC.

Really, I don't care.

UConn is terrible
ECU is hot trash, Navy is trash this year, USF is trash that got real lucky with the first 7 games, SMU is mediocre, FAU is not good, SC State is your real joke game, I'll give you Pitt and Cincy, though Pitt is mid tier (look at how they played today). And Memphis is alright, but not real good. Trying to argue you played as tough a road as many P5 teams is a joke.
WhoCF is bluechips troll account and now they are quoting each other.
Clearly... I mean, how'd you figure it out... I totally felt the need to break out a gold member account that has not been seen near any of my other posts before now... Great detective work... Why is it that you create stupid comments, and refuse to actually respond to any argument?

This being said, I expect none of you to actually respond with any semblance of an argument. Only more vitriol.

ECU is hot trash, Navy is trash this year, USF is trash that got real lucky with the first 7 games, SMU is mediocre, FAU is not good, SC State is your real joke game, I'll give you Pitt and Cincy, though Pitt is mid tier (look at how they played today). And Memphis is alright, but not real good. Trying to argue you played as tough a road as many P5 teams is a joke.

Clearly... I mean, how'd you figure it out... I totally felt the need to break out a gold member account that has not been seen near any of my other posts before now... Great detective work... Why is it that you create stupid comments, and refuse to actually respond to any argument?

This being said, I expect none of you to actually respond with any semblance of an argument. Only more vitriol.
LSU is losing. UCF curse is on

Here is the response to the argument. 24 in a row. Anything else is a hypothetical outcome in your mind.

Reactions: Shark19 and Mikesi
ECU is hot trash, Navy is trash this year, USF is trash that got real lucky with the first 7 games, SMU is mediocre, FAU is not good, SC State is your real joke game

Great detective work... Why is it that you create stupid comments, and refuse to actually respond to any argument?

Again, what amazing commitment to the bit. We have now shifted from friendly fan wanting discussion, to concerned about our sanity, to outraged about accusations unfairly leveled at him. Outraged I tell you!!

"How dare you not engage my troll arguments! I have a right to be heard, respected, and responded to on another team's forum! Who would ever think that I would be associated with another account when I've already been here for a month!!!"

LOL, you are just so damn stupid.....

And no, since you have no concept of higher reasoning, a sensible argument has no meaning......I'm sure you are on some mental scale to not understand how foolish you are.

Or maybe you have just gone full retard....not recommended.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Taking bets on WhoCF's next persona:
A) Good cop (I'm sorry guys, we got off on the wrong foot)
B) Intellectual (For those of you that would like to talk football, here are some advanced statistics...)
C) Mean girl (You realize what people think about you right? EVERYBODY is saying ____)
D) Bully (You want to mess with me? Do you know how much money I make? What is your address?)
E) Other (explain)

So the following is an intelligent comment from someone on this forum, pointing out that if UCF played an SEC schedule they would be a 2 or 3 loss team. The fact that everyone else ignored it simply shows that UCF fans don't want to face the reality that they are ranked where they belong.

"Kentucky is a very good football team. I have seem them play a few times this year. They probably would have beat A&M if their MLB hadn't been ejected for targeting in the second half the week before. Which I believe was a BS call (but I tend to believe targeting is BS most of the time, their wearing pads, let them play). LSU is a solid team, they are the opposite of us, really good D and an average O. Think GOL with SEC types on D. I'm not sure we would have been better in the SEC this season than LSU. Florida on the road would have been tough. Talent level in Gainesville is a little down, but the coaching is way up over where it has been the past 5-7 years. And Alabama. Playing devils advocate here, but is it possible that we would have lost the same two games they did?
Would LSU be undefeated if they played our schedule? Again, playing devils advocate.

IF we were to be an undefeated conference champion I think we should get the nod over LSU or a two loss Georgia. But we would need to be undefeated."

Not sure what you’re trying to get at Noob. But you choose a horrible time to bring up this ramblings - it makes me think that you’re a really shitty person IRL.

To address the topic directly, Memphis and USF were tougher opponents than Auburn was last year.

To imply so other team is better because of conference afflilation is stupid. It’s also stupid that this or that team could do this or that if they played someone else’s opponents.

Your whole incoherent post is filled with logical fallacies.

Go take a lap. I hope you don’t come back.

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT