ADVERTISEMENT

Opt out of saying the Pledge at school?

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
Most students come home from the first day of school with supply lists, syllabi and permission slips, but a Florida school system added a controversial form to the mix. Leon County asked parents whether their children should recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

"I understand my rights as a parent and I request that my child, noted above, be excused from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance," the waiver states. "This request includes standing and placing his/her right hand over his/her heart."

GTFO.

Link

Reactions: fabknight
I knew an older German woman who immigrated and eventually became a citizen of the US. She didn't mind saying the pledge but refused to put her hand over her heart because she said it reminded her to much of the Hitler salute.

That being said, if you can't recite the Pledge of Allegiance, please feel free to leave the US immediately.

I got in a lot of trouble my sophomore or junior year of high school ripping up some sloppy fat piece of (insert whatever cultural background here) shit for not standing for the pledge multiple times.

He identified as Puerto Rican if I remember right. I could tell this due to the giant flag hanging around his triple chin neck.
That is because they are not really Americans. The US needs to kick them out and cut any ties with the island. I bet the PRs use more assistance than the illegal aliens here.

Reactions: jetsaholic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT