ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon Style offense

ucffan642

Four-Star Recruit
Oct 23, 2015
When watching Oregon under Coach Frost, they would throw a lot of short over the middle WR crossing routes to hit the speedy receivers in space. I haven't seen any of those passes yet?! They were always very successful and with 1 move usually a long play.

It seems the past 3 games our receivers can't get open and when it is a pass downfield, they often seem to be a "jump ball". Where are the "getting speedy receivers into the open field plays."

On a high note, I thought Mackenzie played very well against a decent defense. Those fumbles on the handoffs will be fixed as he practices more with the starters.

The offense wasn't prepared initially for how fast Milton wanted to run the offense. Milton was definitely a freshmen last night trying to run faster (college speed) than he was use to at times which caused some of the turnovers. In the second half, I was wanting to see the same thing, some more short slants. They did some in the first half. I liked what they were doing UCFast!
They should clean some things up now.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
The offense wasn't prepared initially for how fast Milton wanted to run the offense. Milton was definitely a freshmen last night trying to run faster (college speed) than he was use to at times which caused some of the turnovers. In the second half, I was wanting to see the same thing, some more short slants. They did some in the first half. I liked what they were doing UCFast!
They should clean some things up now.
Right! He was expecting the wide receivers and backs to be set in time, and they were still operating on Holman Standard Time. Those back field in motion illegal procedure penalties were on them. Now, Killin's 15 yard penalty got him sent to the bench for losing his cool.

Right! He was expecting the wide receivers and backs to be set in time, and they were still operating on Holman Standard Time. Those back field in motion illegal procedure penalties were on them. Now, Killin's 15 yard penalty got him sent to the bench for losing his cool.
Killins was benched. That explains a lot. Was wondering who caused that penalty.

Oregon's QB last season was 5'11

The defending AAC Champion Houston's Starting QB is 5'11 and 16-0 as a Starter

Ward was a punt returner and WR as a fresman, with a few snaps here and there. He did not start a game until 1/3 through his sophomore year. He had some time to develop. I think Milton is still a little too green

On a high note, I thought Mackenzie played very well against a decent defense. Those fumbles on the handoffs will be fixed as he practices more with the starters.
You mean when player get more practice playing with him. They were the ones in slow motion. Frost clearly saw you can't expect the offense to practice and play at two very different speeds.

Ward was a punt returner and WR as a fresman, with a few snaps here and there. He did not start a game until 1/3 through his sophomore year. He had some time to develop. I think Milton is still a little too green
Also How Houston went 13-1 during the coaches first year is another topic in itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT