ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon's offense in Alamo Bowl

Ucfmikes

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
Perfect example of how important he QB position is in this offense. 1st string QB in the first half= 31 points

QB goes down with injury and 2nd half= 0 points.

If we don't get good QB play in 2016, it will be difficult to get 5 wins or
more.

a backup Center that doesn't snap the Football into the grass every other down would help, also it's the first time the new OC faced adversity

True, but it sure didn't effect them in the first half. Did the center go down as well? I haven't watched the whole game.

or maybe is shows the importance of a defense, which Oregon didn't have all year and in some areas were worse than us.

or maybe is shows the importance of a defense, which Oregon didn't have all year and in some areas were worse than us.

Again.., as we have seen all year long. If your offense sucks, your defense will suffer. I agree that Oregon's defense is not great, but in the second half today, the offense did nothing putting the defense on the field way too much.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Again.., as we have seen all year long. If your offense sucks, your defense will suffer. I agree that Oregon's defense is not great, but in the second half today, the offense did nothing putting the defense on the field way too much.
and a new OC calling plays for the first time against a Gary Patterson Defense that kept their energy up w the home crowd behind them

I wonder if Frost still wrote the first 11 plays script for this game before leaving Oregon

starting center got hurt a few plays before Adams got knocked out

UCF lost their starting center this year too...then lost their starting QB too (who then came back after a few games but still hurt).

Losing key players hurt...but props to TCU for their amazing comeback with a back-up QB who probably couldn't have played worse in the 1st half.

It will be interesting to see how the Oregon Program does under Helfrich the next few years. They remind me some of the end of Meyer era w the Gators where they kept losing successful assistants(Adazio, Dan Mullen) then went into a QB drought after Tebow.

It will be interesting to see how the Oregon Program does under Helfrich the next few years. They remind me some of the end of Meyer era w the Gators where they kept losing successful assistants(Adazio, Dan Mullen) then went into a QB drought after Tebow.
I actually wasn't that impressed with their talent level and depth as compared to years past. We can get as many playmakers if not more here in Florida for UCF. I mean their QB was 5' 11" and tranferred form a JUCO I believe. How really special is he? We can get as good as they can for the lines too.

Frost left at a good time on both ends.

Perfect example of how important he QB position is in this offense. 1st string QB in the first half= 31 points

QB goes down with injury and 2nd half= 0 points.

If we don't get good QB play in 2016, it will be difficult to get 5 wins or
more.
It's going to be interesting to see what they do with Holman. Hopefully he'll be healthy and can help out. Or, run the FROST offense. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT