ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando City Win 5 Straight

bqknight

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2009
There's definitely still some issues but you can see it coming together. This team definitely looks more impressive thus far.

That Atlanta game on May 13 is going to be NUTS!

OC wins 5, Rays win 8 in a row.

Just gotta straighten out the Lightning

OC wins 5, Rays win 8 in a row.

Just gotta straighten out the Lightning

Rays just lost yesterday, but only by 1 run. They are looking good right now. I did watch a few mins of the Orlando City game. Maybe I'll try to make another game before the football season starts. I really can't get into soccer but at least it is something to do this time of year in Orlando.

The team has really gelled since the first 4 games or so. They look completely different. Getting Mueller into the starting 11, this guy is a gem.

my only complaint about the team right now is that they arent playing like a team. there are moments when the team seems to work really well together, but most of our goals have come off of strong individual effort. it seems like we are able to move as a team up into the final third but from there, we lack an offensive identity as a team. in the final third it seems more like we are a bunch of individual players that happen to be on the same team.

perhaps we just need more time to build chemistry. we have 1 more fairly easy game before we go into a hard stretch of playoff teams. we will definitely know where this team stands at the end of june.

my only complaint about the team right now is that they arent playing like a team. there are moments when the team seems to work really well together, but most of our goals have come off of strong individual effort. it seems like we are able to move as a team up into the final third but from there, we lack an offensive identity as a team. in the final third it seems more like we are a bunch of individual players that happen to be on the same team.

perhaps we just need more time to build chemistry. we have 1 more fairly easy game before we go into a hard stretch of playoff teams. we will definitely know where this team stands at the end of june.

I disagree with that. I think we look better because we are playing as a team. I think the issue is they are still over thinking it here and there. One too many passes or extra touches.

I disagree with that. I think we look better because we are playing as a team. I think the issue is they are still over thinking it here and there. One too many passes or extra touches.
i think there have been times weve played as a team in the final 3rd, but ive seen more individual effort than i have seen repeatable plays that were drawn up by a coach.

i think there have been times weve played as a team in the final 3rd, but ive seen more individual effort than i have seen repeatable plays that were drawn up by a coach.

Other than set pieces, soccer isn’t a sport you “draw up plays” for. It’s too fluent. It’s more about tactics and movement off the ball. Formations and when to push up or make certain runs.

Other than set pieces, soccer isn’t a sport you “draw up plays” for. It’s too fluent. It’s more about tactics and movement off the ball. Formations and when to push up or make certain runs.
when i watch some of the other top tier mls teams, i notice that their offense have a particular flow and move in a orchestrated way. if that makes any sense.

i dont see that from our team.

when i watch some of the other top tier mls teams, i notice that their offense have a particular flow and move in a orchestrated way. if that makes any sense.

i dont see that from our team.
I would look at that as team chemistry. OCSC's chemistry is visibly building week by week which is a great step! I recognized, what, two starters from the opening game's starting 11? Chemistry takes time. Put together chemistry, talent, and strategy and you have a winning combination. We have the talent in most areas. chemistry is improving and it seems that we've progressed to a more attacking strategy since the beginning of the season. I'd like to see a little more control to allow attacks to develop but I'm excited in the direction right now.

I would look at that as team chemistry. OCSC's chemistry is visibly building week by week which is a great step! I recognized, what, two starters from the opening game's starting 11? Chemistry takes time. Put together chemistry, talent, and strategy and you have a winning combination. We have the talent in most areas. chemistry is improving and it seems that we've progressed to a more attacking strategy since the beginning of the season. I'd like to see a little more control to allow attacks to develop but I'm excited in the direction right now.

Yup. This team has 14 new players! They didn't even all start until 3/4 games into the season and we are only 8 games in. Sure - they practiced together but it's not the same as a game.

You can visibly see the connection starting to happen. Just look at the play that lead to the penalty kick for Yotun. Sacha is becoming more prominent. I thought for good chunks of the game we looked quite comfortable. There's still work to be done but we're looking better and better. We just need to continue.

i think part of it is chemistry and the other is a lack of coaching on the offensive play book. i think we will know what this team really is after the chicago game.

was busy around the house yesterday but i got to watch the post game and all the high lights.

finally we are starting to see the chemistry pay off. last year if i saw the other team score first i knew i could turn off the game and not miss anything. now i know we can not only come back to equalize but come back and win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT