ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Are you in favor of Amendment 3 to legalize recreational marijuana in Florida?

Are you in favor of Amendment 3 to legalize recreational marijuana in Florida?

• Yes

Votes: 195 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 27.8%

• Total voters

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
1719789318329.png

Earlier today, I spotted this fellow at the corner of 436/Aloma which gave me the idea to start this thread.

John Morgan is funding all the pro-Amendment 3 commercials.

“When do I use marijuana? Every f*…ing day,” he said. “I smoke a joint and I’m still here, as Elton John would say, I’m still standing. But guess what? I wake up every day clear as a bell. No cobwebs. So the time has come, like the time has come for a lot of the things in the past, to put these laws all behind us. If I was the governor of this state I would pardon every single person who’s ever been arrested for marijuana. I’d expunge all their records.”

More Americans are now reporting daily or near-daily use of marijuana than those who drink alcohol at similar levels, according to an analysis published last week in the journal Addiction and authored by Carnegie Mellon University drug policy researcher Jonathan Caulkins.

If approved, Amendment 3 would legalize adults 21 and older to possess, purchase, or use marijuana products up to three ounces. It would result in an increase of at least $195.6 million annually in state and local sales tax revenues, according to the Florida Financial Impact Estimating Conference from July 2023. It requires 60% support for passage.

There are 24 states currently that have legalized recreational cannabis, but as the Phoenix has previously reported, of the 15 states that approved legal weed via the ballot box, only three states – Maryland, New Jersey and Arizona – have been able to pass it by that large of a margin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News