ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Big Ten AD, who resigned for "Medical Reasons", was under investigation due to improper relationship with a HC.

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Then Rutgers AD Hobbs, sent his Letter of Resignation to Rutgers President in August stating: "After meeting with my cardiac team this week and having just been apprised of the results of my latest round of testing, it is clear that I can not continue to serve as Athletic Director given the requirements of the position."
Hobbs
MHWZ2-XW4-W5-GQNBQFWPAFEMDKMY.jpg

Whoops!

That really wasn't the reason at all as Rutgers was investigating his sequel relationship with Rutgers HC of Gymnastics, Umme Salim-Beasley...who just so happens to be married to the former NY Jets CB Aaron Beasley.
womens-gymnastics-coach-umme-salim-91786547.jpg

Even Ruthers players thought they both acted weird together as this happened:

The former athletic director looked at Salim-Beasley and said “love.”

“It was so weird,” one gymnast told the publication. “It’s really hard to put into words, but they were staring each other in the eye, sitting right next to each other. You could feel some type of tension between them. All my teammates looked at each other with the weirdest look like, ‘What is going on here?’”

RU AD, also married, spent unusually amount of time attending Gymanastic Practices plus extra trips with the program.

He also gave her a big raise which should come as to no shock:

Salim-Beasley’s contract boosted from $95,000 in her first season in 2019 to $165,000 this season and will reach $195,000 in the last year of her contract in 2028, per the report.

She signed a five-year, $995,000 deal on Feb. 24, 2023, and is tied for the third-highest salary in the conference this year excluding Penn State, according to the publication.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.