ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Car Accident Advice Needed

AlumKnight

Silver Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
In October, my son was involved in a 3 MPH accident while picking up his brother in a line of cars at school. According to him, the person in front braked suddenly and he bumped them. His car has no damage and only has a mark on it where the trailer hitch impacted. The people at the time wanted a police report. After waiting two hours, an officer showed up and took the report and wrote him a citation for careless driving. The accident report notes no damages to the other car and no injuries. A few months later, the car has major damage and they have injuries. Progressive has already paid them $1800 in damages for a 2002 Explorer with a book value of $2000. Based on them paying, we decided to switch providers. Today we received an overnight letter asking us to complete a financial affidavit. Apparently, the $25k in coverage per person won’t be enough for their devastating injuries.

Should I complete the form? Also, should we hire an attorney or wait until the insurance company is done handling from their end and see if they come after us?

Thanks I’m advance for any advice. Go Knights!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News