ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ECU is a dumpster fire

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
ECU is 0-3 after opening the season with losses to No. 2 Michigan (expected), losing at home to Marshall 31-13 (not acceptable) and then losing to Appy State 43-28. That loss probably hurts the most as it further cements where ECU is within the state of NC.

I know nobody really cares about them anymore, but their AD sent this letter to fans in response to outcry.

Pirate Nation,

As you know, East Carolina Football competes in Division 1A – the highest level of athletic competition within the NCAA. Our participation in this highly competitive environment requires high levels of resources and high levels of preparation.

We expect high levels of performance – both on and off the field.

At ECU, our investment of resources in our Football program also comes with high expectations for sustainable success. Our Donors and Fans share our high expectations. In fact, our recent back-to-back bowl games has only elevated our expectations.

While our Administrators, Staff, Coaches, and Student-Athletes work tirelessly, with each striving to do their job, our season is off to a disappointing start.

Our Fans and Donors have every right to be concerned – and I have shared with our Athletic Leadership Team that those concerns are an expression of your own expectations of our Football program.

I assure you that no one wants success more than Coach, his Staff, and our Student-Athletes. They are taking every measure to produce a product on the field that meets those expectations.

I remain confident and supportive in Coach Houston and our Football program. I have shared with Coach that as a department, we remain focused on striving for excellence in all facets of our operations. We acknowledge that our competitive success is the sum of our parts.

I know Coach Houston and our entire Athletic Leadership Team remain committed and focused on success.

As always, thank you for your investment and for your support of our Athletic Department. It was inspiring to see the amount of purple and gold in the stands at our first two road games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News