ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Florida Rep Wants To Shut Down UCF

Nyght Shadow

Bronze Knight
Oct 1, 2001
I am guessing he will not be in office very long... The fact that he is the rep for district 53 (Largely south Brevard county) pretty sure there are many UCF grads in that area! What a tool. If rules were broken or finances spent the wrong way, fire the people in charge, do not go after an entire institution. I guess his Harvard education did not teach him common sense.

Reactions: mattropolis
I signed and sent the following letter to Mr Fine...

Dear Mr. Fine,

So there were misappropriated excess funds (already set aside for building improvements) being used to help build a new UCF campus building to replace an old dilapidated/unsafe building. Almost seems like a case of semantics to me. Investigations have taken place, people have been fired, and steps taken to make sure there is absolute awareness of what/how these funds can be used.

Now you're calling for the entire university to be shut down! The largest in the State of FL and at least the second largest university in the entire country! Over react much, Mr Fine?

Would this shut-down include the much needed School of Medicine and the proposed teaching hospital in Lake Nona? Did you actually stop to think about the massive student population, all the professors, employees, police force, off-campus student housing, and much, much more that would be adversely affected by your preposterous notion?

Perhaps there is a bit more to the story I'm not aware of, but we all know UCF will not shut down. Being ridiculous and controversial for the sake of name recognition can backfire. Just think of it as a hard lesson learned when your re-election bid comes up short. Remember... A whole lot of alumni, students, fans, and common-sense voters live in Brevard county too.

Sincerely,

Last edited:
Well, he's a representative----politician that is involved with mishandling funds 24/7---he and his fellow representatives need to be shut down.... Someone in his position calling for an institution to be shut down???? WTF laughable

Reactions: 80'sKnight
"I would never want to do anything that would hurt faculty, students, staff, UCF is an amazing institution," he said.

"I never want to do anything that would hurt my wife, I wasn't actually going to shoot the gun I was waving in her face. I was just using hyperbole to make sure she buys the right brand of shoes."

Time for Randy to fine another job.

I signed and sent the following letter to Mr Fine...

Dear Mr. Fine,

So there were misappropriated excess funds (already set aside for building improvements) being used to help build a new UCF campus building to replace an old dilapidated/unsafe building. Almost seems like a case of semantics to me. Investigations have taken place, people have been fired, and steps taken to make sure there is absolute awareness of what/how these funds can be used.

Now you're calling for the entire university to be shut down! The largest in the State of FL and at least the second largest university in the entire country! Over react much, Mr Fine?

Would this shut-down include the much needed School of Medicine and the proposed teaching hospital in Lake Nona? Did you actually stop to think about the massive student population, all the professors, employees, police force, off-campus student housing, and much, much more that would be adversely affected by your preposterous notion?

Perhaps there is a bit more to the story I'm not aware of, but we all know UCF will not shut down. Being ridiculous and controversial for the sake of name recognition can backfire. Just think of it as a hard lesson learned when your re-election bid comes up short. Remember... A whole lot of alumni, students, fans, and common-sense voters live in Brevard county too.

Sincerely,
My email was shorter.

You just lost a vote. I heard Bithlo is looking for a new Mayor.

Reactions: ProAttitude
He's a state Representative which means he has to run for reelection every two years. He has to run again next year, and he's just handed whoever his primary opponent is a great campaign slogan -

FINE IS NOT FINE!

Come on guys, give it a chance. Let's shut down an engineering program that feeds Lockheed, NASA, and Space X and a hospitality management program that creates employees for our states number one industry.

Well, he's a representative----politician that is involved with mishandling funds 24/7---he and his fellow representatives need to be shut down.... Someone in his position calling for an institution to be shut down???? WTF laughable
He's been that way since Harvard. Look it up ... he's been a fiscal menace himself since the mid '90s.

Food for thought;

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ute&URL=0100-0199/0100/Sections/0100.361.html

We have the Grant Seafood Festival coming up in a couple of weeks which has a projected attendance of 50,000 people of which a large number will be registered voters from his district. It would take approximately 6,200 signatures to move the process forward.

Randy Fine is a state representative, not a municipal elected official (city, county). Florida does not have a recall process for constitutional officers.

Hypocrite
Dzy0oyhWkAYrRHc.jpg:large

Randy Fine is a state representative, not a municipal elected official (city, county). Florida does not have a recall process for constitutional officers.

Never mind, think I found something much better. Seriously, when will people in glass houses learn not to throw stones. If I'm right, his political career is about to take an unexpected detour.

He's just jealous that he wasn't included in the shenanigans. Then again, he'll probably refer to us as USF next time. In other words, guy doesn't know his ass from a mule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT