ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Heupel now making 9 million per year. WOWSA

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
fyi, Tennessee faces the NCAA infractions committee end of this month.

How does UCF keep up with this kind of money?!?

This is a good article on Tennessee and Danny White:

We can't. They are a storied SEC powerhouse which has had one of their best seasons in 20 yrs. There is a lot of buzz and a flagship program. UCF needs to focus on our first season in the Big 12 and recruiting. We need to prove we belong and make it to a bowl game next year. It will be a very tough year this season.

We can't. They are a storied SEC powerhouse which has had one of their best seasons in 20 yrs. There is a lot of buzz and a flagship program. UCF needs to focus on our first season in the Big 12 and recruiting. We need to prove we belong and make it to a bowl game next year. It will be a very tough year this season.
Yep, we need to continue with either up and commers (hoping we guess right) or older guys with little chances of being swiped (hoping they are motivated).

Reactions: Central Floridave
We've done more with less for years and now we at least get some more resources to get and retain talent on the field and the sidelines. Hopefully the uptick in talent will translate to wins on the field and now we aren't knocking on the door to the party, we're already in!

Reactions: Central Floridave
Yes, can't compete with a sold out 110,000 seat stadium where everyone purchases orange jerseys. It's a cash cow up there.

My mom lives in Knoxville. I've been to games there. Those people are rabid for their team. Orlando can't compete.

That is the reality of it. I like the comments above just win and shake the status quo. Kind hoping the NCAA puts the ban hammer on them as I've always had a love/hate relationship with the Vols. Being that my parents live there and me living in Florida. Everytime I go up there I'm amazed on how Vol Centric everything is there. It's almost like a cult. Hell, It is a cult. :p

Reactions: Yaes
Yes, can't compete with a sold out 110,000 seat stadium where everyone purchases orange jerseys. It's a cash cow up there.

My mom lives in Knoxville. I've been to games there. Those people are rabid for their team. Orlando can't compete.

That is the reality of it. I like the comments above just win and shake the status quo. Kind hoping the NCAA puts the ban hammer on them as I've always had a love/hate relationship with the Vols. Being that my parents live there and me living in Florida. Everytime I go up there I'm amazed on how Vol Centric everything is there. It's almost like a cult. Hell, It is a cult. :p
I have witnessed this first hand and we are not going to compete with that at this time. The whole town and surrounding area are literally fanatics for the Vols!

Getting scholarships taken away probably won’t even matter. My guess is they’ll just buy more kids. This is the first time we’ll see how much impact the NCAA can even drop on teams. They have a lot of money.

This could be another nail in the coffin for the NCAA and FBS football. Will their decision even have any teeth? If it has little impact, the SEC will take it as another data point on why they are even staying with the NCAA (for FBS football).

Last edited:
I have witnessed this first hand and we are not going to compete with that at this time. The whole town and surrounding area are literally fanatics for the Vols!
The area code literally is spelled 865 (VOL) for volunteers.

Good for Heupel. I hope he can keep recruiting the SEC well. He had issues at the G5 level. Good for White too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT