ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Josh Barnett Bloodsport events (pro-wrestling)

FormerlyKnightInAtlanta

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2014
The City Beautiful
I went to the Bloodsport 9 show last night here in LA and it was pretty cool. If you haven’t seen these before, they take down the ring ropes and work the match in a catch/shoot style more akin to MMA and the match can only end with knock out of submission. Matches usually last about 10 minutes or so, give or take.

Neat change of pace and I was surprised how well the talent all worked. It was kind of weird to watch matches where suplexes were rarely assisted by the other opponent. So most of the time it was all leverage and pure strength. Not sure I’ve heard crowd pop so much for more or less run of the mill belly to back duplexes.

You don’t think Moxley as a grappler, but dude did great. And yes, he did bleed, but it was a small cut the hard way during some headbutting. Kota Ibushi made is in-ring return on the show was looked ****ing awesome. Dude has all the metrics to be a huge start here in the states if he signs with WWE or AEW. Jeff Cobb looked great. Timothy Thatcher, who I don’t usually care for, looks great too.

Anyway, if they run a show in your area and you’re a pro-wrestling fan, it’s worth checking out. Fun 2.5 hour show.

Reactions: AGLamb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News