ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Losses

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
In a way, they are kinda fun. KL stays of the boards for at least 24hrs and BS takes his place and argues with everyone.

I especially like his gym analogy. Because, you know, he's qualified to talk about gyms. Lol.

Dungeon is fun. People absolutely go insane and then go more insane and completely overreact over everything. SHUT DOWN THE PROGRAM!!!!

Reactions: UCFBS
shut-it-down-jew.jpg

In a way, they are kinda fun. KL stays of the boards for at least 24hrs and BS takes his place and argues with everyone.

I especially like his gym analogy. Because, you know, he's qualified to talk about gyms. Lol.

Yeah, about that: join the dungeon and see him in all his lapdog glory. It's really awesome. We keep asking him how many times a day GOL and Brent donKey take him for a walk and change the water in his bowl, but he'd rather talk about Jordan Aikman and William Standback, lol.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Losing brings the worst out in our fanbase. No one associated with the program, not even the student-athletes, will be spared. It's like 2008 offensive execution (lackthereof), with some 2004 and even some 1995, mixed in, with even higher fanbase expectations.

I'm just hoping the attendance for UConn proves the naysayers wrong.

Because losing sucks, dude. Especially when you have a program that has no excuse to be anything but the premier G5 program in the country when considering facilities, location, student body, etc.

We don't need to be doing this rebuilding crap every 3-4 seasons. That's a waste of time and money.

Because losing sucks, dude. Especially when you have a program that has no excuse to be anything but the premier G5 program in the country when considering facilities, location, student body, etc.
We don't need to be doing this rebuilding crap every 3-4 seasons. That's a waste of time and money.
Wait?! I thought we yo-yo'd every other season? Now we have 3-4 good seasons before having to rebuild? ;)

Other than Boise State, who has had 17 years of winning seasons straight ...
Can you name 3 other G5 programs that have divisional or conference titles in at least 4 of their last 5 years?
I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than 1-2 others,.

I mean ... yes, we want to be premier program. But it's a bit scary considering the statistics out there on nearly all other G5 programs. We could get very slightly better ... but we could a lot worse ... a lot, lot worse. Don't forget that.

That's why I want to wait to see what happens with the Freshmen through the first half of next season. Changing things every few games would be deadly.

Losing is one thing. Losing to Furman and having your recruits call you out saying the performance is "pathetic" is another.
It wouldn't be the first time.

Wait?! I thought we yo-yo'd every other season? Now we have 3-4 good seasons before having to rebuild? ;)
I never said that.
Other than Boise State, who has had 17 years of winning seasons straight ...
Can you name 3 other G5 programs that have divisional or conference titles in at least 4 of their last 5 years?
I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than 1-2 others,.
I don't give a shit about Boise State. The fact that Boise State can maintain that level of success while being located in the middle of fukcing Boise, Idaho is more proof that we don't have a fukcing excuse.
I mean ... yes, we want to be premier program. But it's a bit scary considering the statistics out there on nearly all other G5 programs. We could get very slightly better ... but we could a lot worse ... a lot, lot worse. Don't forget that.
Not want, should, and I don't give a shit about all the other G5 programs either. We shouldn't strive or be complacent about being like them. This is where all you fukcing nutt huggers FAIL.
That's why I want to wait to see what happens with the Freshmen through the first half of next season. Changing things every few games would be deadly.

It wouldn't be the first time.
There should never be a next time.

Yeah, about that: join the dungeon and see him in all his lapdog glory. It's really awesome. We keep asking him how many times a day GOL and Brent donKey take him for a walk and change the water in his bowl, but he'd rather talk about Jordan Aikman and William Standback, lol.
Jordan Aiken
He's done it more than once.

Unfortunately, those are the main reasons I left the Dungeon. It's just a KL sounding board and platform for him to do what he loves. However, Brandon is very relaxed what on what a holes are allowed to post (and rightly so) so I don't see him banning KL anytime soon.

Jordan Aiken
He's done it more than once.

Yes but he's the first to call out someone as a fan if they don't know that GOL wears a size 11 sneaker or that William Standback likes his mocha tall iced pumpkin latte frappuccinos light whipped soy dash of nutmeg WITH ONLY TWO ICE CUBES. HOW ON EARTH COULD ANYONE CALL THEMSELVES A FAN OF UCF AND NOT KNOW THAT.

Unfortunately, those are the main reasons I left the Dungeon.
I do it to support Brandon. I have had my moments when I tire of the Dungeon, and board altogether, but I've kept my subscription active. Even if I decide to never post there again, I'll always keep my subscription active for that reason.

It's just a KL sounding board and platform for him to do what he loves. However, Brandon is very relaxed what on what a holes are allowed to post (and rightly so) so I don't see him banning KL anytime soon.
The best moderators only apply basic control on the board, and only when absolutely necessary. Brandon has been most excellent.

I never said that.
I quoted what you said ... then pointed out the "prior complaint." ;)

We've moved from yo-yo'ing to 1 rebuilding season out of every 3-4 titles. Nearly all G5s would kill for that.

I don't give a shit about Boise State.
Some of the "Garbage Men" do. Even worse, some are asking more than what Boise State has been able to accomplish as a G5. Some are expecting things that are impossible, and have no access to, as a G5. I honestly question if they even know what the real, actual limits are, especially given plausible scheduling.

We aim for the conference championship year-in, year-out, and the G5 access bowl as a bonus. That's all we can do, as we cannot schedule enough P5 teams to make it to the, at least current 4 team, playoffs.

The fact that Boise State can maintain that level of success while being located in the middle of fukcing Boise, Idaho is more proof that we don't have a fukcing excuse.
They've been doing it for 17 years straight. Kruzeck had just been handed the job the last time they didn't.

Not want, should, and I don't give a shit about all the other G5 programs either. We shouldn't strive or be complacent about being like them. This is where all you fukcing nutt huggers FAIL.
So ... you missed my point entirely.

UCF is in the top 5 of all G5 over the last 5 years, and could possibly considered #2. Again, we have sheer limits we cannot overcome as a G5. But beyond that ...

We have a very, very long way we could fall!

Change is not always better. It's rather have a program that has proven itself, and has to deal with the case where we are out of experienced talent and have all sorts of injuries, as we rebuild for the next year.

The "energy" argument is getting old. Because even when the "old skool" brings home titles and championships, that's just not enough for some. When we stand alone in the Academics and APR among programs, off-the-field but especially combined with on-the-field, unlike virtually every G5, that's not enough.

What is? What is enough? Why do you feel the need to throw that all away? Out of some "energy" argument? If not, what? What is our "solution"?

There should never be a next time.
In an ideal world. But we also cannot recruit 3-star and 4-star backups like P5 programs, and level them by year, so we always have an experienced backup. Sometimes we're "stuck" with a 3 or 4-star Freshman to back-fill. It's quite amazing how some people quickly dropped those arguments, the second I started calling out and disproving every "example" they had.

That's what just makes me shake my head. A lot of the half-baked logic is getting old. We could have a much, much worse program ... statistically speaking, that should be the case. But it's not. Be careful what you wish for.

Because right now, the fact that enough UCF fans cannot take 1 losing season ... despite all the titles ... says the wrong thing to a lot of potential coaches, even an AD. Heck, even GoL told me everything in Brandon's little nugget. Having to say the same thing 3-4 times over, as people don't want to listen the first time.

Last edited:
I quoted what you said ... then pointed out the "prior complaint." ;)

We've moved from yo-yo'ing to 1 rebuilding season out of every 3-4 titles. Nearly all G5s would kill for that.

Some of the "Garbage Men" do. Even worse, some are asking more than what Boise State has been able to accomplish as a G5. Some are expecting things that are impossible, and have no access to, as a G5. I honestly question if they even know what the real, actual limits are, especially given plausible scheduling.

We aim for the conference championship year-in, year-out, and the G5 access bowl as a bonus. That's all we can do, as we cannot schedule enough P5 teams to make it to the, at least current 4 team, playoffs.

They've been doing it for 17 years straight. Kruzeck had just been handed the job the last time they didn't.

So ... you missed my point entirely.

UCF is in the top 5 of all G5 over the last 5 years, and could possibly considered #2. Again, we have sheer limits we cannot overcome as a G5. But beyond that ...

We have a very, very long way we could fall!

Change is not always better. It's rather have a program that has proven itself, and has to deal with the case where we are out of experienced talent and have all sorts of injuries, as we rebuild for the next year.

The "energy" argument is getting old. Because even when the "old skool" brings home titles and championships, that's just not enough for some. When we stand alone in the Academics and APR among programs, off-the-field but especially combined with on-the-field, unlike virtually every G5, that's not enough.

What is? What is enough? Why do you feel the need to throw that all away? Out of some "energy" argument? If not, what? What is our "solution"?

In an ideal world. But we also cannot recruit 3-star and 4-star backups like P5 programs, and level them by year, so we always have an experienced backup. Sometimes we're "stuck" with a 3 or 4-star Freshman to back-fill. It's quite amazing how some people quickly dropped those arguments, the second I started calling out and disproving every "example" they had.

That's what just makes me shake my head. A lot of the half-baked logic is getting old. We could have a much, much worse program ... statistically speaking, that should be the case. But it's not. Be careful what you wish for.

Because right now, the fact that enough UCF fans cannot take 1 losing season ... despite all the titles ... says the wrong thing to a lot of potential coaches, even an AD. Heck, even GoL told me everything in Brandon's little nugget. Having to say the same thing 3-4 times over, as people don't want to listen the first time.
Once again, I didn't say any yo-yo shit. Stop putting words in my mouth.

And if you want to believe there's a ceiling and that we've reached it a few times, then go ahead. Whatever helps you sleep at night, sweetheart.

KL is hardly the worst poster in that shithole right now. I honestly wonder how some of them can even pull themselves out of bed in the morning with how miserable their lives are.

Once again, I didn't say any yo-yo shit. Stop putting words in my mouth.
I said the "prior complaint" people used to have on GoL.

I.e., since you cannot seem to put it together ...

2004: "GoL should be fired! He led us to our worst season in history!"
2006: "We're losing again! We shouldn't have to rebuild after a 8-5 season!"
2008: "We're yo-yo'ing again! We're rebuilding every other season!"
2011: "We got lucky in 2009! And even then, it's still a yo-yo of 1 rebuilding for 2 successes!"
And now ...
2015: "We don't need to be doing this rebuilding crap every 3-4 seasons!"

If you read the other threads ... you basically said (here) what I said in response like "the complainers" (there).

What was a 1 for 1 yo-you became a 2 for 1 and now it's a 3-4 for 1. At what point do people sit back and say ... "I'll take that, as long as next year is a winning season, let alone a conference championship."

And if you want to believe there's a ceiling and that we've reached it a few times, then go ahead. Whatever helps you sleep at night, sweetheart.
Ummm ... 2013 was a perfect example. If we ever get the G5 at-large bid, that will be it again.

We will not be in the playoffs, at least not the current 4-team, with our schedule, as a G5. That is outside our control.

But I'm sure that doesn't stop some of you guys going ...
"If we beat everyone 70-0 with a 'high energy' team, which GoL will never allow, then we'd get in!"

It's that type of "logic" that scares me to death. Because if you guys get change ... you just watch how far we will fall. Statistically, over the last 5 years, we're the #2 G5 team.

Yes.

In fact, it's modern form of the nationwide "town hall meeting" that Ross Perot has long called for since the '80s, and brought to the table when he ran in the '90s. It allows direct, democratic representation, and has long been desired.

In the same regard, forms of direct representation tends to be on-a-whim, and very special interest at times, even limiting other people's rights as a result. That's always the danger of direct Democracy v. a Democratic Representation.

But in its limited form, it works pretty well right now.

2011: "We got lucky in 2009! And even then, it's still a yo-yo of 1 rebuilding for 2 successes!"
And now ...

If you read the other threads ... you basically said (here) what I said in response like "the complainers" (there).

What was a 1 for 1 yo-you became a 2 for 1 and now it's a 3-4 for 1. At what point do people sit back and say ... "I'll take that, as long as next year is a winning season, let alone a conference championship."

Ummm ... 2013 was a perfect example. If we ever get the G5 at-large bid, that will be it again.

We will not be in the playoffs, at least not the current 4-team, with our schedule, as a G5. That is outside our control.

"If we beat everyone 70-0 with a 'high energy' team, which GoL will never allow, then we'd get in!"

It's that type of "logic" that scares me to death. Because if you guys get change ... you just watch how far we will fall. Statistically, over the last 5 years, we're the #2 G5 team.

*an
*yo-yo

KL is hardly the worst poster in that shithole right now. I honestly wonder how some of them can even pull themselves out of bed in the morning with how miserable their lives are.

Have you thought about going on a Dungeon post rampage for about a half hour? You know how to stir crap up. I'm sure you could get a lot of them ramp up their emo like hormonal teenagers.

And now ...

You're a conformist, I'm not.

Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT