ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nevada Gov signs bill for $1.9 Billion Stadium for Raiders & UNLV

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
This was one of the final stumbling blocks that the Raiders, Vegas and the State had to do prior to the NFL Owners voting on this matter come Jan.

Here's a video and renderings of what this stadium would look like. (Obviously a retractable dome, and even retractable side partitions too)

web1_webraidersrendering8aug25-copy_7025534.jpg

web1_webraidersrendering3aug25-copy_7025534.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

web1_adelson-stadium-aug28-16_7025534.jpg

Reactions: Poolside Knight
If the NFL approves the Raiders move to Vegas (starting in 2019), it will be interesting to see how this new stadium could help UNLV Football plus the bowl game that is played in that stadium too.

Right now, UNLV plays almost 9 miles away at an off-OFF the strip stadium located in the middle of the desert.

maxresdefault.jpg

aerial.jpg

Having UNLV play much closer to campus and right next to the strip should help that team grow...plus, help the payout and prestige of that bowl game too (I think its a pre-Christmas Bowl Game now).

Also, I could see the Pro Bowl moving there eventually...plus Final Fours and scores of other sporting events (MMA, Boxing, etc...) and obviously concerts...plus their huge week long National Rodeo (now held in UNLV Hoop Arena..Thomas & Mack).

Reactions: UCFhonors
Orlando/Orange county needs to start saving money to counter this if they want to compete. It will come in handy to have $500 million ready when an NFL team is looking for a new stadium. Placing 2 hotels at each end zone of the stadium will help offset the cost.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Orlando/Orange county needs to start saving money to counter this if they want to compete. It will come in handy to have $500 million ready when an NFL team is looking for a new stadium. Placing 2 hotels at each end zone of the stadium will help offset the cost.

Other than some conventions...its almost impossible to compete with Vegas for major events...especially if/when this retractable dome opens...as they just built another arena (for new NHL team), basically right on the strip too.

Being located so close to LA...and right next door to the state of CA...Vegas is a mecca for Californians every single weekend...and now with NFL games...it will get even more crowded.

Orlando can't compete for that...as Orlando is a "family" destination.

If the NFL approves the Raiders move to Vegas (starting in 2019), it will be interesting to see how this new stadium could help UNLV Football plus the bowl game that is played in that stadium too.

Right now, UNLV plays almost 9 miles away at an off-OFF the strip stadium located in the middle of the desert.

maxresdefault.jpg

aerial.jpg

Having UNLV play much closer to campus and right next to the strip should help that team grow...plus, help the payout and prestige of that bowl game too (I think its a pre-Christmas Bowl Game now).

Also, I could see the Pro Bowl moving there eventually...plus Final Fours and scores of other sporting events (MMA, Boxing, etc...) and obviously concerts...plus their huge week long National Rodeo (now held in UNLV Hoop Arena..Thomas & Mack).

Invite UNLV to the AAC NOW! [smoke]

Reactions: Mikesi
Other than some conventions...its almost impossible to compete with Vegas for major events...especially if/when this retractable dome opens...as they just built another arena (for new NHL team), basically right on the strip too.

Being located so close to LA...and right next door to the state of CA...Vegas is a mecca for Californians every single weekend...and now with NFL games...it will get even more crowded.

Orlando can't compete for that...as Orlando is a "family" destination.

Even with our subpar facilities people still want to come here. Instead of fixing up the Citrus bowl for $207 million, I wish we would have built a basic domed stadium closer to SunRail. The Bucs are going to want a new stadium in 2024, Tampa might get cheap.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Even with our subpar facilities people still want to come here. Instead of fixing up the Citrus bowl for $207 million, I wish we would have built a basic domed stadium closer to SunRail. The Bucs are going to want a new stadium in 2024, Tampa might get cheap.
If anyone is stifling Orlando it's the city itself. I like that they lit up Church Street West setting up for the new soccer stadium. it's going to look promising if they can add hotels and other buildings . I thought they should add a small railway for quick movement from Camping World to the soccer stadium to Amway Center/downtown. With the way its designed, some of the Downtown businesses on the other end should consider moving to the west end in the future.

I hope the Las Vegas project fails. No reason to compound a drought of historic proportions by building a stadium in the desert.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT