ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Palm Trees cut down on East Plaza Drive next to Arena. Oak Trees planted next?

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Many of the Palm Trees along East Palaza Drive (runs between the Arena and Barnes & Noble/Burger U...down to the Baseball Stadium) have been fully removed or have been cut in half. A few still remain.

From another thread:

I saw they hung the banners for the new four on the light poles on the street leading to the stadium.

Also saw they chopped down a bunch of the palm trees along that same street. Would be nice if they could be replaced with some shade trees

Yes it sure looks like all the palm trees are being cut down?

I wonder if they will replant oak trees to match the oak trees across the street in the Memory Mall area?…

I not8ced the nee banners too. Looks cool. I ha e no idea what they are doing with some half chopped palm trees.

Any chance they can put in some Oak Trees to add future shade?

PS. Just saw Kevin's comment after the fact...glad we are both thinking the same thing.

Yes...the new 4 team banners have also been added...as its pretty cool seeing the other 15 Big 12 schools and their colors fly.

Anyone know what UCF might be doing with all the empty holes left by the palm trees removed or even half cut down?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.