ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stanford Administration Response to an American Flag

ericandi

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Orlando
That’s not a typo. This isn’t about the flying of a confederate flag or a Nazi flag, but an American flag flying on a flag pole in front a fraternity on the campus of a college in the United States of America.

“Stanford University fraternity Sigma Chi had a unique response to an administration official who said their American flag was “offensive, intimidating, aggressive or alienating.””

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/04/stanford-frat-american-flag-offensive/

“Stanford University fraternity Sigma Chi had a unique response to an administration official who said their American flag was “offensive, intimidating, aggressive or alienating.””

One of the most bizarre news stories I've ever heard. If someone finds the American flag offensive, intimidating, aggressive, or alienating, I think they've chosen the wrong country to go to college in.

One of the most bizarre news stories I've ever heard. If someone finds the American flag offensive, intimidating, aggressive, or alienating, I think they've chosen the wrong country to go to college in.
im glad we can agree on this

maybe one day you can see the light on not calling people racists because they disagree with you.
If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks likes a duck, I'm probably gonna call it a duck. :)

That said, my purpose for being here is to debate, not debase.

If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks likes a duck, I'm probably gonna call it a duck. :)

Please tell me what was ducklike in my response. I'm still waiting for you to tell me what was racist about my post. You called me a racist because I'm a conservative, not because I said anything racist. You make stuff up in your head and project it on to others. It's wrong and debasing.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Please tell me what was ducklike in my response. I'm still waiting for you to tell me what was racist about my post. You called me a racist because I'm a conservative, not because I said anything racist. You make stuff up in your head and project it on to others. It's wrong and debasing.

For the record, I called the crap you posted in another thread racist. Secondly, I apologized if you felt I treated you unfairly. Third, I explained why I considered your words racist. You said that your use of the word 'invasion' to describe the immigrant caravan was innocent. Okay if you say so. But to act like I've not addressed the issue is simple game-playing.

If my ankle-biting toadie, 85, wants to continue to keep this alive, that's fine with me. He does it because the little guy can't hold my jockstrap in a real debate so he resorts to personal attacks. You other guys are better than this.

For the record, I called the crap you posted in another thread racist. Secondly, I apologized if you felt I treated you unfairly. Third, I explained why I considered your words racist. You said that your use of the word 'invasion' to describe the immigrant caravan was innocent. Okay if you say so. But to act like I've not addressed the issue is simple game-playing.

If my ankle-biting toadie, 85, wants to continue to keep this alive, that's fine with me. He does it because the little guy can't hold my jockstrap in a real debate so he resorts to personal attacks. You other guys are better than this.
But that's part of the problem I have. I never used the word "invasion", you used the word "invade" when replying to my post and attributed it to me. Why do you think I keep calling you out and specifically asking? Everything you attribute to me as being racist is stuff you've posted as replies.

why even apologize for the things you said when you clearly meant them? you actually typed things you thought a racist republican would say and then attributed them to fab even though he didnt actually say them. if you want to label someone a racist/bigot, look in the mirror first.

Reactions: fabknight
But that's part of the problem I have. I never used the word "invasion", you used the word "invade" when replying to my post and attributed it to me. Why do you think I keep calling you out and specifically asking?

Geez, would you please quit hammering me with this question OVER and OVER and OVER???!??!

I have absolutely no idea why I ever attributed the word "invasion" to you.

Apparently there is a meeting today to decide whether the invasion occurs via Texas or California. The discussion will center on a decision to go to Texas or California...the distance to California or the less friendly border of Texas.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Geez, would you please quit hammering me with this question OVER and OVER and OVER???!??!

I have absolutely no idea why I ever attributed the word "invasion" to you.
That wasn't the statement for which you called me racist. Besides, I provided you the definition of "invasion".

When you tell me what was racist about the statement, then I will quit hammering you.

That wasn't the statement for which you called me racist.
For what its worth, calling the immigrant caravan 'an invasion' is racist too.
Besides, I provided you the definition of "invasion".
Yes you did. I got a good chuckle out of it. :)

When you tell me what was racist about the statement, then I will quit hammering you.

It's been there in black and white for weeks now. All you had to do was read (or apparently reread) my posts in the Stan Lee thread. 'nuff said.

For what its worth, calling the immigrant caravan 'an invasion' is racist too.

Yes you did. I got a good chuckle out of it. :)

It's been there in black and white for weeks now. All you had to do was read (or apparently reread) my posts in the Stan Lee thread. 'nuff said.
Why is it racist?

Why is it racist?

Do you want to play definition games too? Too bad you can't look me in the eyes and try saying with a straight face, "What? Gee, it's a TOTALLY innocent expression."

If it was so innocent, why did Trump -- who used the word 'invasion' too -- announce he was sending the military down to the border before the election?

Why some folks enjoy monkeying around with 'dog whistle' words is a real mystery I tell ya! :)

Last edited:
Do you want to play definition games too? Too bad you can't look me in the eyes and try saying with a straight face, "What? Gee, it's a TOTALLY innocent expression."

If it was so innocent, why did Trump -- who used the word 'invasion' too -- announce he was sending the military down to the border before the election?

Why some folks enjoy monkeying around with 'dog whistle' words is a real mystery I tell ya! :)
You’re the one that uses the tired technique of screaming racist at nearly everything you disagree with if there’s any diversity of ethnicity. You can’t do that and then try to act like everyone else isn’t being civil. I love that you’ve picked up dog whistle as well. To think that you started out on this board saying you wanted actual intellectual discussion.

It’s an invasion because it’s a large group of people circumventing the established immigration channels to attempt to gain access to our country. These people are not Americans. It doesn’t matter what race or ethnicity. It’s that they aren’t Americans. Why is it so hard for you to understand that?

It’s an invasion because it’s a large group of people circumventing the established immigration channels to attempt to gain access to our country.
Circumventing the rules? Last I checked, applying for asylum is not "circumventing the established immigration channels."

You’re the one that uses the tired technique of screaming racist at nearly everything you disagree with if there’s any diversity of ethnicity. You can’t do that and then try to act like everyone else isn’t being civil.
So you want to make blanket statements about groups of people (i.e. a large group of people circumventing the rules) and take offense when its correctly labeled racist?

I love that you’ve picked up dog whistle as well.
Good job sk8, you passed the test! Makes me think that if you can identify 'monkeying around' as a dog whistle, you get that 'invasion' is commonly used as one too.

You’re the one that uses the tired technique of screaming racist at nearly everything you disagree with if there’s any diversity of ethnicity. You can’t do that and then try to act like everyone else isn’t being civil. I love that you’ve picked up dog whistle as well. To think that you started out on this board saying you wanted actual intellectual discussion.

It’s an invasion because it’s a large group of people circumventing the established immigration channels to attempt to gain access to our country. These people are not Americans. It doesn’t matter what race or ethnicity. It’s that they aren’t Americans. Why is it so hard for you to understand that?
he knows the legal rules and the literal definitions of the words used and knows that his appeal has little merit based on those. thus he has to appeal to emotion because thats the only angle left. yet hes the only one that wants to have an intellectual discussion while throwing the facts out the window. yea i believe that...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT