ADVERTISEMENT

[OT] Tailgating Eco-Tip: Stop Using Paper Straws ... Seriously (No Joke)

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
TL;DR Version: Nearly all paper straw brands have PFAS, including PFOA, which has been banned around the world since 2000. And given how most of them degrade ... and you consume their bits ... you've been warned! If you're in doubt, the Eco-Tip ...

Consider reusable, stainless steel straws ... no major brand contains any PFAS.

Yes... apparently real science 'hates' the environment too ... dare you go against 'blind faith' followers of the Church of Popular Science and Environmentalism ... like 'pro-solar' amendments and 'zero impact' big luxury vehicles. :)

QUOTE: _'Paper straws were most likely to contain PFAS ... 90 percent ... bamboo brands ... 80 percent ... plastic straw brands ... 75 percent ... 40 percent, of glass brands ... None of ... stainless-steel straws sampled contained PFAS ... The most identified compound, PFOA, has been banned around the world since 2020.'_

Especially with this nugget, which I've long warned about!

QUOTE: _'The authors noted, however, that they did not test whether the PFAS was actually leaching from the straws into liquids.'_

You know what I'm talking about if you've used them! They degrade! And you, the consumer, end up consuming far more plastic! I warned and warned and warned about this, and the Blind Faith Belivers told me they were only consuming harmless paper. NOT!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News