ADVERTISEMENT

OT UCF cops

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
Crime is up in the UCF area with robberies and other much more serious crimes but they decide to continue to raid area Bars searching for 18 year olds having a beer then sharing videos it with the Orlando Sentinel
facepalm2.gif

They must be upset that their DUI revenue is down by UCF bc of Uber...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ids-underage-drinking-ucf-20151228-story.html

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ge-drinking-at-bar-20150521-premiumvideo.html

From a UCF standpoint, it is underage drinking by students that has led to most of the "UCF" problems. UCF cops don't have jurisdiction in many of the off campus apartment and housing areas where most of the serious crime is occurring. Blame Orange County for taking resources away from East Orange because we have "UCF cops". But it doesn't seem to be just UCF. Even downtown Orlando seemed to be lacking in patrols. I got stuck going through Parramore two weeks ago during a Magic game (which I figured would be safe) and some thugs tried to stop my car and rob me just two blocks from the arena (Anderson and Parramore).

I'm not sure if it is the cut in funding to the critical services (thanks Rick Scott), or a shift in focus of resources, or both.

From a UCF standpoint, it is underage drinking by students that has led to most of the "UCF" problems. UCF cops don't have jurisdiction in many of the off campus apartment and housing areas where most of the serious crime is occurring. Blame Orange County for taking resources away from East Orange because we have "UCF cops". But it doesn't seem to be just UCF. Even downtown Orlando seemed to be lacking in patrols. I got stuck going through Parramore two weeks ago during a Magic game (which I figured would be safe) and some thugs tried to stop my car and rob me just two blocks from the arena (Anderson and Parramore).

I'm not sure if it is the cut in funding to the critical services (thanks Rick Scott), or a shift in focus of resources, or both.

I blame duplication of services. Why do we need Orange County Police/Fire/Gov't and Orlando Police/Fire/Gov't?

I blame duplication of services. Why do we need Orange County Police/Fire/Gov't and Orlando Police/Fire/Gov't?
Yes, this is part of the bigger problem. For tax purposes, the City of Orlando continues to go around adding high value property to its city limits for increased tax revenue to the city which leaves Orange County with less and less to cover its vast county. This has been a major fight for decades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT