ADVERTISEMENT

[OT] Vacation for 25th Wedding Anniversary (Mid 3 weeks of 2022 May)

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
I'm purposely not using the Cooler (much less the Kiddie Board for that matter) as I trust a lot of you guys (not all, but nearly all).

My wife and I are celebrating 25 years of marriage on 2022 May 3rd, and due to her obligations running a department at a small college, the best 3 week window we have are the Sun 5/8 thru Sat 5/28 (19th thru 21st weeks) of 2022. I have 4 weeks vacation/year at my new employer, and she should have at least 2 + some comp time, so we'll probably be planning for 2+ weeks (maybe 17 days).

Just looking for ideas.

We've done Aruba and Grand Cayman in the past, plus largely the undeveloped Commonwealth of Dominica (not to be confused with the Dominican Republic), as well as PR too, but are still open to more destinations in the Caribbean.

We've done Europe a few times**, virtually every major city in western and central Europe, but always looking for more remote, relaxing, like we experienced in Benidorm (ES) in 2018. We also love Prague (CZ) and wouldn't mind revisiting for a few days, if we're nearby.

I travel to Europe at least every 2-3 years, sometimes 2-3 times in the same year, for work/associations, and did our 13 country (16 city), 27 day trip leading up to the game in Ireland back in 2014. So I'm looking for 'less touristy, more remote/relaxing.' I might get a covered trip again in May 2022 from one of the major industry board I sit on, but I won't know those details until January-February of next year. So I have to plan independently.

Just looking for ideas. Again, thinking at least 14 if not 17 days, and mid-May over those middle 3 weeks next year. I only have a few limits.**

Like some Americans, I cannot travel to China or core crony, Russia or any EEU (virtually fka COMECON) member, and a few other countries, although I've considered Vietnam (especially as they are an ally now). Australia is getting expensive, let alone their lockdown policies are likely to keep causing any travel plans to be non-tenable.

Reactions: Lukas777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News