ADVERTISEMENT

OU Tier Three Rights --- Key to B12 Realignment

82knight

Five-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2002
At a sales meeting and discussing UCF football with a former UT alum (and place-kicker). He commented that from what he'd heard--thru BIG boosters--UCF was at the top of the list for inclusion in expansion last go around and would have happened had OU not voted to maintain the conference as-is.

His take is that OU wants to break-up the B12 and move on to other pastures. He said to keep an eye on the current negotiations take place on OU's Tier Three rights. If they co-term with the conference TV rights then watch-out ... They Gone! If they gone then UT gone.

Some discussion about whether OU/OK St and UT/TX Tech would move together. Which clearly makes it harder to find a spot if all 4 need to go together.

I suggested to him that most felt that it was UT and OU that wanted to move. He said that was true 3-4 years ago and UT wanted to be tied closer to other good academic schools like Cal and Stanford...until the played a game at Cal and the game was televised at 10PM in TX and not over until close to 1 AM....They decided then that the PAC12 wasn't really for them.

I also mentioned the Longhorn Network as a BIG pull for UT...his comment is that the network is a failure and didn't deliver like they thought.

He also admitted that UT is the BIG bully in the conference and wished they'd start to move away from this attitude and change perceptions.

That's it..

BTW, I did not hear this at TF or the airport*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News