ADVERTISEMENT

Our message to recruits is simple

Boston.Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 10, 2002
I mean seriously, if you were a kid who wanted a shot at the NFL, is there any better place? Some of our kids now in the league may have never even had the opportunity to play at some of those other schools.

Look at Ed Oliver how much love he's getting at Houston. I bet if he went to Auburn or UT, nobody would even know who he is.

Unfortunately the message is you never stand a chance at winning the national championship even if you go undefeated

Unfortunately the message is you never stand a chance at winning the national championship but you can go undefeated
If we go undefeated next year we are in. We have 2 ACC teams on schedule. Can't say we don't play anyone but then say Clemson does.

I don’t mean this to be disrespectful. But the message should be the school and the current state of the program. NFL pitch doesn’t make since since its an entirely new staff coming in.

Reactions: ddelira
There's plenty of alums starting in the NFL that would beg to differ.
Those other players had proven staffs. O’Leary and Frost.

I think Heupel is a good fit. But unproven. Time will tell. You have a better chance of selling the program and season UCF had then NFL.

Unfortunately the message is you never stand a chance at winning the national championship even if you go undefeated

As far as a lot of people outside of the P5 we are the National Champions. We don't need the biased P5 cartel deciding the obvious.

Those other players had proven staffs. O’Leary and Frost.

I think Heupel is a good fit. But unproven. Time will tell. You have a better chance of selling the program and season UCF had then NFL.
Every school can sell NFL. Kareem Hunt went to Akron or something. I'd go where you can play from the start.

I’m not so sure that’s a huge sell. The truth is, the vast majority of all college football teams never stand a chance at winning the national championship. There’s a small number of dominant teams that stay at the top year end and year out. The goal for the vast majority of programs is getting into a great bowl at the end of the season, staying relevant, and WINNING. National Championships are obviously the pinnacle; but I’m not so sure that is a top seller to the majority of recruits.

Basically he’s separating the 2 teams and recruits. He’s supporting them both, but separately. Technically they have some different recruiting targets than UCF.

If the national championship was that important, most players would be going to FCS. Many of them just want to play and impress, accumulate footage and hope that the NFL is watching.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I don’t know the numbers but I’d guess 20-30% of NFL rosters come from G5 or other places. If you’re good. They’ll find you. There’s a kid on the Chargers from the College of Mining (in Colorado).

I don’t know the numbers but I’d guess 20-30% of NFL rosters come from G5 or other places. If you’re good. They’ll find you. There’s a kid on the Chargers from the College of Mining (in Colorado).
UCF home games will usually have much more NFL scouts just bc of how accessible and easy it is to get to Orlando

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT