ADVERTISEMENT

Our New QB Transfer???

JAFFX2

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2016
#2 for #2, that would be fair....

With only 1 scholarship QB left the cornhole meltdown has already started..........

Reactions: Mikesi
Not sure about the meltdown part. I was going to come over here and ask if you guys had a lot of transfers in 2016 though. We have had about 5 guys leave in the last week.

Not sure about the meltdown part. I was going to come over here and ask if you guys had a lot of transfers in 2016 though. We have had about 5 guys leave in the last week.
We had some guys kicked off the team, but I don't remember that many transfers. I looked at your depth chart mostly freshman and sophomores. Nebraska better have at least 5 years of patience.

We have had about 5 guys leave in the last week.
Just FYI. Since true Freshman Adrian Martinez was named starring QB, Gebbia must have been offended being #2. Therefore, NGEbraska Is having it’s first starting QB being a true freshman either ever or 50 plus years.

I wouldn’t bank everything on a possibly injury prone freshman who has questionable passing ability. He’s going to be running it up often against some pretty big boys. If he gets hurt, it’s #3 QB for NGEbraska

Last edited:
#2 for #2, that would be fair....

With only 1 scholarship QB left the cornhole meltdown has already started..........
FYI, Tre Neal did make 1st string, but the Cornholios would never post THAT here. How long did that take 3-4 weeks??? Hahahahaha. :joy:

Additionally, there’s a lot of beefy guys on that offensive line > 310-320 lbs. Hope they can move and keep up with the offense. Same at RB
It doesn’t really look like an Oregon/UCF offense at all other than at QB

Reactions: Knight Strength
FYI, Tre Neal did make 1st string, but the Cornholios would never post THAT here. How long did that take 3-4 weeks??? Hahahahaha. :joy:

Additionally, there’s a lot of beefy guys on that offensive line > 310-320 lbs. Hope they can move and keep up with the offense. Same at RB
It doesn’t really look like an Oregon/UCF offense at all other than at QB
Probably because it isn’t a Oregon offense?

We are great at WR (best in the Big Ten) and should be solid at RB.

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin
The talent was always there, but unfortunately so were the knee problems. And so Nebraska’s running backs room lost a member on Friday.

Head coach Scott Frost announced that sophomore Tre Bryant came to the Husker staff and opted to step away from football because of recurring knee injuries.

"He's been incredible since he's been here ... and at the beginning of camp looked great, and I think he felt great," Frost said. "I think he's just kind of figured out that he can't do it with the condition that he has. We're going to support him and help him in any ways we can. I just don't think his knees can hold up right now."

More roster turnover coupled with key recoveries from injuries. Bryant gave up the sport because of knee injuries, guard Jalin Barnett walked away after sustaining multiple concussions, linebacker Quayshon Alexander is out for the season with an unspecified injury, linebacker Avery Roberts and cornerback Will Jackson transferred out during camp and outside linebacker Sedrick King left the program for personal reasons. Two more 2018 signees — tackle Willie Canty and wide receiver Dominick Watt — failed to academically qualify for Nebraska. That’s a lot of guys out the door in recent weeks or months

Reactions: Knight Strength
Probably because it isn’t a Oregon offense?

We are great at WR (best in the Big Ten) and should be solid at RB.
Agreed, but can Martinez get them the ball??
I say no. If he gets hurt, there’s a walk on from August. Noah Vedral is ineligible.

NGEbraska will have a QB who hasn’t taken a game snap at any level in 2 years

Just stating the facts

Last edited:
More roster turnover coupled with key recoveries from injuries. Bryant gave up the sport because of knee injuries, guard Jalin Barnett walked away after sustaining multiple concussions, linebacker Quayshon Alexander is out for the season with an unspecified injury, linebacker Avery Roberts and cornerback Will Jackson transferred out during camp and outside linebacker Sedrick King left the program for personal reasons. Two more 2018 signees — tackle Willie Canty and wide receiver Dominick Watt — failed to academically qualify for Nebraska. That’s a lot of guys out the door in recent weeks or months
The program sounds like a dumpster fire

They sound mentally weaker than the 2016 UCF squad. Frost is going to play as many freshman/sophomores as possible to hasten the transition. Glad that we didn't get Willie Canty, I think he was committed to us for a while.

I say no. If he gets hurt, there’s a walk on from August. Noah Vedral is ineligible.

Just stating the facts
Martinez is coming off injury himself.

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi

It is, but I think only Gebbia was on the 2 deep. Roberts could have been a good player but he was lazy and got passed up by guys who were dedicated, so not much of a loss. Losing Bryant sucks, but if there's one position we could afford to lose someone its RB.

It is, but I think only Gebbia was on the 2 deep. Roberts could have been a good player but he was lazy and got passed up by guys who were dedicated, so not much of a loss. Losing Bryant sucks, but if there's one position we could afford to lose someone its RB.
How much speed do these backs have? They don’t seem like typical Frost backs The #2 back is like 230lbs

How much speed do these backs have? They don’t seem like typical Frost backs The #2 back is like 230lbs
It's not going to work up there. You can't go down the street and get an Adrian Killins Jr. The not so secret about Oregon was that it was hard getting athletes up there.

Bell, washington, and Jones are all legit speedsters. Ozigbo is a bit bigger and more of a changeup back, but he's not slow by any means. After those guys, there are 2 others that can be pretty good backs in his system and 1 (wilbon) who started last year but isnt worth a scholarship IMO.

It's not going to work up there. You can't go down the street and get an Adrian Killins Jr. The not so secret about Oregon was that it was hard getting athletes up there.
Their prize Florida RB recruit is 4th team

The Nebraska football team got some especially bad news on Monday when Tristan Gebbia reportedly asked for his official release.......During his afternoon press conference, head coach Scott Frost made it clear he was a bit surprised.

Given our QB situation, I wonder if we make a play for him or is he not mobile enough for our scheme???

Reactions: Mikesi
The Nebraska football team got some especially bad news on Monday when Tristan Gebbia reportedly asked for his official release.......During his afternoon press conference, head coach Scott Frost made it clear he was a bit surprised.

Given our QB situation, I wonder if we make a play for him or is he not mobile enough for our scheme???

Bring him in and let him learn from MM.

Reactions: JAFFX2

I don’t want their castoffs.

The guy is talented, but NGEbraska takes sloppy seconds from UCF to use as starters
He was 2nd team at NGEbraska. That translates to 3rd team at a National Championship school like UCF

Huep wants a pro-style guy. Not sure why.

Coaches always have a preference and prefer to recruit based on their coaching style than be flexible. In his 10+ of years of coaching QBs they all pretty much rush half the amount Milton has.

He wants the guy to stand in the pocket and throw deep. Not my favorite style but hopefully he changes now that he has Florida athletes
Not a good style for us at all. It’s old school and doesn’t fit the type of athlete that we can recruit. Frost’s system was perfect. That’s why we have an undefeated NC with the nation’s #1 offense. We aren’t going to get the type of QB who is good for the NFL. Bortles was an outlier in a different system

I'm surprised he didn't at least wait a semester

This is why you pick the school and not just the coach. Especially when it seems like NFL careers are getting shorter and shorter

Gebbia might be the type that Heupel wants but if you want someone like Milton it’s not Gebbia. Martinez is far more athletic. The other problem with Gebbia is he is very skinny and while our strength program has improved this year he didn’t gain much.

Gebbia leaving is only a big deal if Martinez is injured, but I’m of the opinion that our season hinged on Martinez staying healthy regardless of whether Gebbia was here or not. He doesn’t fit the offense.

As for the other attrition, they all left because they weren’t going to play. When we went from Pelini to Riley we lost 3 or 4 players who would have started. That’s bad attrition.

Just stating the facts
I say he has a better debut then Milton had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT