ADVERTISEMENT

Peach Bowl TV ratings are in - and they kick ass!

5.1 on ESPN is rediculous. Lots tuning in to watch a national championship game.

I'll repeat the moron Big 12- "None (of those wanting to join) bring anything to the conference."

What morons!

up 49% over the 2015 Peach Bowl played in the afternoon on New Year’s Day between Houston and Florida State. And, it was up a staggering 67% in audience from TCU’s Peach Bowl demolition of Ole Miss on New Year’s Eve 2014.

Even more impressive is that unlike that the Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl which “stood alone” with no other bowl game competition, UCF battling their SEC foe was going head to head with tough competition. The Outback Bowl between Michigan and South Carolina (5 million viewers on ESPN2) and the Citrus Bowl between LSU and Notre Dame (8.7 million on ABC) obviously, took eyeballs from the Knights pulling the upset.

And once again UCF delivering incredible product and value to ESPN and in return.....we get stuck with the laughable AAC/ESPN TV rights deal.

Reactions: Mikesi
More details about the ratings break down

http://www.blackandgoldbanneret.com/ucfs-peach-bowl-win-post-strong-tv-numbers/

Interesting that more people watch the fiesta bowl ucf game in Central Florida. I know it’s different circumstances but still interesting nonetheless
It may be because a lot of fans were at the game. That’s 30,000 + fans at least. Another reason is the game was on with other games. Wasn’t the Fiesta Bowl the only game on TV at that time? I may be wrong on both counts.

I know a lot of people who like to watch later afternoon and evening games vs a 12:30 start after a long night out partying

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Remember (not long ago) when we couldn't win a primetime game for the life if us? Was an omen.

Yes the State of Nebraska was watching the real NCG. Congrats on the crown as far as I'm concerned.

UCF Knights FBS National Champions 2018!

GBR!!!

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
It may be because a lot of fans were at the game. That’s 30,000 + fans at least. Another reason is the game was on with other games. Wasn’t the Fiesta Bowl the only game on TV at that time? I may be wrong on both counts.

I know a lot of people who like to watch later afternoon and evening games vs a 12:30 start after a long night out partying
May have had some effect, but ratings are estimates on the number of people watching according to the number of people registered or reporting the tv they watch and then percentage of people that live in area multiplied by total people percentage. If you are unsure if you are counted as a person reporting, you aren’t one. I actually don’t know anyone that actually participates so I’m not sure how many people in a given area are actually reporting what they watch and how accurate it is. I have received phone Calls about radio stations here and there and filled out the books a couple times on what I watch for a couple weeks but it’s not very scientific.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT