ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State to honor 50th anniversary of Joe Paterno's first game

Now there are some fans with real delusions. Honoring a man that turned his back on the victims of a pedofile that was on his staff.

Well, he made sure his players graduate and he was the first major coach to not have athletic dorms (they lived in the same dorms as other students). My brother in law got to know well their future pro tight end.

Last edited:
Outsiders don't realize how big a "star" Sandusky was in football crazy Pennsylvania where Penn State dominates. For decades! They called Penn State Linebacker U because of Jerry, not Joe Pa. In addition, State College, PA was a power to itself. Any trouble maker or disturber of the status quo might find themselves in the "inquisition" chamber in the basement of McLanahan's Drug Store. University towns get that way, but State College was/is an extreme case.

I don't think that's true. Notre Dame has never had athletic dorms and still doesn't.
I believe you. Wonder if BYU doesn't either. I'll bet church-affiliated Baylor would have them. I was thinking only of state universities and secular private universities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT