ADVERTISEMENT

PepsiCo laying off corporate employees - commits millions to severance and automating

ChrisKnight06

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2005
One of my all time favorite quotes. Nails almost all of the buzzwords lol:

"Our second set of priorities ... involves becoming more capable, leaner, more agile and less bureaucratic," CEO Ramon Laguarta said. "In doing so, we will drive down cost and that enables us to plow the savings back into the business to develop scale and sharpen core capabilities that drive even greater efficiency and effectiveness creating a virtuous cycle."

https://www.businessinsider.com/pepsico-layoffs-begin-restructuring-plan-kicks-off-2019-2

Last edited:
It's almost as if companies with extra cash are investing it in ways to lower the amount of people they employ. That seems to be exactly what you'd expect! I'm shocked!

It has always happened and always will. Ford built the assembly line to do make more cars faster with less employees.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It's almost as if companies with extra cash are investing it in ways to lower the amount of people they employ. That seems to be exactly what you'd expect! I'm shocked!

Exactly why unemployment is at 3.7% and a record number of Americans are employed

Another hot garage take from FC

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT