p.php

p.php

p.php

p.php

p.php

p.php

p.php

p.php
Hoping some of the blue accents are to represent our Canaveral Blue rather than photoshopped into the photo to distract from the "no color". Keep hoping that blue will be integrated more into "our colors" though it seems we go with the silver/sterile chrome/white look. Not sure why this is...

Reactions: Nautiknight
Hoping some of the blue accents are to represent our Canaveral Blue rather than photoshopped into the photo to distract from the "no color". Keep hoping that blue will be integrated more into "our colors" though it seems we go with the silver/sterile chrome/white look. Not sure why this is...
I bet you’re in the minority. If we add any colors to Black, White and Gold it would be anthracite and Citronaut Orange

Reactions: 2DogKnight
This facility used to be a type of tan/yellow that many of us don't like and the floors/platforms were black. Add to this that the lighting in there wasn't great and the place was too dark. Now I have trained in several "dungeon" type facilities over the years and they're great but highschool recruits and parents would much rather see something like this. Going with the brighter look seems like it fully corrected the darkness. Also, the building is old(ish). Making the inside bright like this sort of camouflages the old parts.

As for it being a step down. Yea, Oregon and Northwestern have great views from their weight rooms but thats kind of over the top frills. Not that it's not nice! But, as for the equipment, UCF has everything the coaches and athletes need.

This facility used to be a type of tan/yellow that many of us don't like and the floors/platforms were black. Add to this that the lighting in there wasn't great and the place was too dark. Now I have trained in several "dungeon" type facilities over the years and they're great but highschool recruits and parents would much rather see something like this. Going with the brighter look seems like it fully corrected the darkness. Also, the building is old(ish). Making the inside bright like this sort of camouflages the old parts.

As for it being a step down. Yea, Oregon and Northwestern have great views from their weight rooms but thats kind of over the top frills. Not that it's not nice! But, as for the equipment, UCF has everything the coaches and athletes need.
Yeah, Rogue equipment is top notch and made right in the U.S. Also, those look like competition bumper plates. They didn't opt for the serviceable but cheaper plates.

The room itself might be smaller than other schools, but it's right next to the indoor practice field where they can do prowler, dragging or farmers walk work.

The room is as good as any in the country equipment wise.

Looks like a great place to get swole.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I like the silver look.

Honestly I've stopped worrying about what programs who have more money than they know what to do with are doing. Since they have no labor costs they have to find some way to spend the money and it's all just fluff and I personally think it attracts the wrong mentality, you end up with soft, coddled players. I look at the facilities that NFL teams have and if it's good enough for them then it's good enough for us to develop the kind of athletes we need to win.

https://www.roguefitness.com/facility-outfitting/affiliate-gyms
the Saints are in that gallery.

Oh and I've seen USF fans talk shit about UCF's airport hanger indoor facility. well look at what the Saints have:

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/ph...-1104632#21b6c1ec-3cfd-4631-a607-a9a7052ea04f

our facilities are good enough where our NFL Knights feel more than comfortable coming back to train here.

yeah there is no way UCF can keep up in the athletic facility arms race with the financial gap but hopefully our facilities and our campus combined can make that gap a little smaller in athletes eyes.

From the Tampa Paper...

College football’s nonstop arms race was one of the talking points during conference media days last week.

The Bulls confirmed that they met their $20 million July 1 goal and hope to break ground on their USF Football Center next spring. Florida coach Dan Mullen said in his opening statement that the Gators hope to start building their $85 million training center within the next year, and Florida State is still working on its $60 million facility.

54IZOXR4MJF5JL6FJ7NAWBELHI.jpg

A rendering of Florida State's proposed football-only facility, which is still in the fundraising stages. (Courtesy: FSU)
While those football-only complexes are all in the works, South Carolina is settling into its $50 million operations center, which opened this winter.

“It’s made a huge difference in our program,” Gamecocks coach Will Muschamp said last week during SEC media days. “From a recruiting standpoint, when a young man and his family come to campus and they see the investment that we’re making to have a championship atmosphere at our place, they see it. It has the wow factor and what every recruit looks for.”

The effects of these facilities on recruiting is debatable, as I wrote last year. South Carolina’s incoming recruiting class finished No. 17 nationally. That’s the program’s best finish since 2012, but it’s only one spot better than in ’18, and it’s in the same ballpark as usual. Six of the Gamecocks’ last seven classes have been ranked somewhere between 17 and 21.

What’s harder to quantify from the outside is what the building has done for the players who are already on campus. That, too, is an area of growth, according to those on the inside.

“What I've also seen is how it changes the culture on our campus with our players,” Muschamp said. “In January, when you walk in the weight room and you have official visits in our town and you have 25, 30 kids walking around the weight room on their own working out, that says a lot about the culture of your football team.”

Quarterback Jake Bentley agreed.

He said the new facility has created a new sense of pride within the organization. Players aren’t leaving towels around the locker room or food on the table “because it’s our building.”

“We’ve got this brand-new building built for us,” Bentley said. “We’ve got to — not necessarily live up to it, but we’re not going to have a new building and work the same. It’s time to crank it up.”

Meanwhile UCF built one for 4.2 Million Dollars and has been getting the use out of it for 14 years. Again I am amazed at the hubris and waste of programs that think they need to spend 40-80 million on an indoor facility, and would rather go without if they have to build on the cheap.

South Carolina spending $50M to win championships is a waste. They aren’t winning anything
Living in Cola I shake my head when I see their marketing and branding. It is pathetic. Their AD is Ray Tanner who was the great baseball coach that lead them to several NCs. He is old and has no marketing background, and it shows. USC is trying to be old school SEC which has gotten them nowhere. The closest thing they had to getting a fun program was when Spurrier took over. They need to revamp the program and start over much like UCF did,

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I bet you’re in the minority. If we add any colors to Black, White and Gold it would be anthracite and Citronaut Orange

I'd be okay with that too. Would love to have at least one color that we can wear or otherwise purchase to represent our passion for UCF...white, black, not-really-gold doesn't do it. It's difficult to get non-branded UCF general products with a color that yells "UCF". We pretty much know garnet is from the place in the panhandle, and blue/orange is from well, you know. Nothing really says the same about UCF. Anthracite and Citronaut Orange would be nice, but do love the Canaveral Blue.

I'd be okay with that too. Would love to have at least one color that we can wear or otherwise purchase to represent our passion for UCF...white, black, not-really-gold doesn't do it. It's difficult to get non-branded UCF general products with a color that yells "UCF". We pretty much know garnet is from the place in the panhandle, and blue/orange is from well, you know. Nothing really says the same about UCF. Anthracite and Citronaut Orange would be nice, but do love the Canaveral Blue.
I'd rather die than wear blue!!!!...just sayin :)

Reactions: MBAKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT