ADVERTISEMENT

Pictures\Scoop from Coach Dawkins show, including #25 Taylor Hendricks & Women’s Softball Coach Cindy Ball-Malone.

Kevin Reis

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oviedo, Florida
Had a great chance to talk with Coach Dawkins and Women’s Softball Coach Cindy Ball-Malone last night.

#25 Forward Taylor Hendricks was the featured Basketball player.

Here are a few pictures and stories from the event.

First up Coach Dawkins.
I asked Coach Dawkins who of the seniors listed will not have anymore eligibility to play next year. He indicated #13 PJ Kelly and #2 Michael Durr do not have any more eligibility to play next year. However, everyone else listed on our roster as a senior can come back next year.

I also asked Coach Dawkins how the redshirt situation works in College Basketball. He indicated when the season first starts if you play in less than 6/7 games you can redshirt, however once Conferencee play starts if you play ANY minutes you can‘t redshirt anymore.

Bummers…still seems like our Point Guard #3 Darius Johnson will not be playing against Houston Wednesday evening. Let’s hope he makes it back by Saturday when we host Temple, although it’s all day to day. Of course the longer he misses, the lack of conditioning will play a factor on his effectiveness when he comes back.

Coach Dawkins discusses our Men’s Basketball with Marc Daniels.

#25 Taylor Hendricks was interviewed next.
Most of the interview was casual conversation.

UCF Women’s Softball Coach Cindy Ball-Malone was interviewed by Marc Daniels.
Lots of positive vibes about our Team, including our preseason #15 ranking.
We start the season at home Thursday February 9th against Georgia.

I had a chance to talk with her. No doubt we feel our Hitting and Defense will be very solid this year. We all know how important Pitching is in Softball. Between the returning pitchers, transfer pitchers and Freshman pitchers we hope to excell there also. Just a matter of time how things work out there.

Coach Cindy Ball-Malone.

Coach Ball-Malone saying hello to us fans in attendance.

Good stuff for sure…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News