ADVERTISEMENT

Pinpointing a Josh Heupel Offense

Biggest question for me is how do the OL we have translate to his offense.
not to do the whole SEC SEC thing but maybe he thinks that type of line was needed to survive in that conference and he'll adjust at UCF where we face smaller D Lines for at least 60% of our schedule.

that will be something to watch with Frost in the Big10

All we need is 3 or 4 seconds to get rid of ball. Play patty cakes with DL for all I care.

Biggest question for me is how do the OL we have translate to his offense.
They should be fine. From what I'm seeing it's similar. His offense has a lot of RPOs, which I think This Place used. I like that he adds a lead blocker for a power running game and is smart enough to utilize the tools he has well.

I watched 1 Missouri game and some highlights. I am a certainly a football layman, but it looks very similar to our offense. They may have gone even faster than us. Their QB doesn't run nearly as much as KZ does.

Has anyone actually looked at the size of our offensive line? They are bigger than most of lines we had under O'Leary. Starting 5 averages about 320 lbs. Frost may have wanted athletic lineman, but certainly not "lean". Missouri's starting OL averages nearly identical weight.

Article is well worth a read, particularly from the standpoint of changing game plans depending on the type of players he has to work with, from a Tebow junior kind of guy (Blake Bell....the Belldozer) to NFL quality passers.

A lot of coaches SAY they can be flexible, he seems to walk the talk.

The better question is how does his offense translate to the the OL we have here. He's already said he will adjust the offense to fit the players.
Spread linemen are pretty standard across the board. The line we have now will translate really well since he ran spread/read option O at both OU and Mizzou.

Anyone know how often Mizzou was penalized this year, especially the offense? Sure would be nice to cut down on all of the mistakes next year! We gave up way too many negative yards this year.

Does he use 250 pound backs out of I formation for a 4th and 1 run into the line or will he be keeping with the Frost tradition of running a 150 pound back from shotgun with no fullback and getting stuffed?
Don’t tell the Nebraska Cornholio Trolls and half this board this. It will sound like we are bitter and butthurt. Haha

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT