ADVERTISEMENT

Play-calling:

ucffan642

Four-Star Recruit
Oct 23, 2015
Is it as basic, boring, predictable and in-effective as it appears
Or
Is that what Gus is forced to do because we don’t have the talent or IQ for anything else?

All I see is WR screens, WR out routes, WR end around runs, bubble screens, runs up the middle, or stupid trick plays.

He literally called a trick play on a 2-pt conversion 🤬

Reactions: Knight59
Or
Is that what Gus is forced to do because we don’t have the talent or IQ for anything else?

All I see is WR screens, WR out routes, WR end around runs, bubble screens, runs up the middle, or stupid trick plays.

Unfortunately, it's the former...and most is directly attributable to stubbornness.

Or

The trick play on 2 point conversion may have been one of the worst play calls of all time.

Yeah. That play should have been the Wild Knight with Bowser, like the other (at least) two times we used it to convert 4th and short conversions. I don't know if it's QB IQ or WR issues as well. We have to remember, Baker and Hudson are in their first year playing full-time. They seem pretty talented, especially Baker but they have a lot to still learn. They often just quit on routes. For example there was a trick play later in the game where we did an end-around and that guy was going to throw it but there was nobody to throw to. Baker had run up and cut left to run to the corner of the endzone and had a lot of open field in front of him (if he kept running....and there was no DB other than the guy covering help, and no help over the top). Soon after cutting he just stopped and stood there. If he kept running at least he was an option. Instead the guy got tackled (I think) because nobody was open. I can't fully recall. I was too busy yelling at Baker to finish off his route.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT