ADVERTISEMENT

Players reactions to Heupel...

I hate to point this out, and it may just be coincidence, but ... and this has long been a fear of mine ...

With Beckton, a letterman, never reaching coordinator status after all this time, I'm sure we don't register very well on the radar of "being proactive" with our African-American coaches. Kinda why I was silently pulling for Sumlin and/or Walters, even if it's wrong to factor in race (even PC 'pro' as much as racist 'con') into who/when we hire.

Just had to say it ... not that it's the actual reason or any factor. But it can cause some African-American coaches to hesitate considering staying with us.

If Walters feels makes more career sense and/or he really likes his relationship with Frost as the HC calling a lot of the offense while he preps, I wish him the best of luck at Nebraska.

But we could really use him right now. That's me being selfish.
Sumlin supposedly was first choice

Sumlin supposedly was first choice
I don't doubt that. And that's a good thing.

But in the end, DW pulled another rabbit out of his hat, with even less lead-time than in 2015, and slam-dunked it ... especially the 1-for-2'fer with Shannon.

I cannot complain, that was a good of a hire as Frost, and that was a damn good hire in 2015!

I hate to point this out, and it may just be coincidence, but ... and this has long been a fear of mine ...

With Beckton, a letterman, never reaching coordinator status after all this time, I'm sure we don't register very well on the radar of "being proactive" with our African-American coaches. Kinda why I was silently pulling for Sumlin and/or Walters, even if it's wrong to factor in race (even PC 'pro' as much as racist 'con') into who/when we hire.

Just had to say it ... not that it's the actual reason or any factor. But it can cause some African-American coaches to hesitate considering staying with us.

If Walters feels makes more career sense and/or he really likes his relationship with Frost as the HC calling a lot of the offense while he preps, I wish him the best of luck at Nebraska.

But we could really use him right now. That's me being selfish.
You do know Beckton has been on staff here since 1992? You telling me he's never had the opportunity to move on if he thought he wasn't getting a fair shake? But yet stayed here through four coaches and like 25 years? Maybe he just likes being a WR coach and is content with his life. Not every choice in life is about money. This is a coach UCF really needs to build a statue for. He has dedicated his professional life to UCF.

And yes, you are bringing race into this for no reason.

Make Beckton part of staff, what’s the hold up? He should have been announced with Shannon. Take some of that FEF and give it to him- he’s a legend and a damn good coach.

It worries me that Beckton has not been named and a new coach Shannon has.

Make Beckton part of staff, what’s the hold up? He should have been announced with Shannon. Take some of that FEF and give it to him- he’s a legend and a damn good coach.

It worries me that Beckton has not been named and a new coach Shannon has.
Ha it’s been less than 12 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT