ADVERTISEMENT

Players reactions to Heupel...

KnightHammer

Four-Star Recruit
Jan 2, 2014
I won see what the team and current recruits are thinking...my first reaction was...Whopel?

You guys need to start watching football besides ucf. Too many people on here said they never heard of Frost before he came here and now a former Oklahoma QB.

Nothing worth watching outside of UCF.

Would like to know if the players are excited tho.

Reactions: Mikesi
For someone thats going to the NFL, Trequan is interested. I see coaching in his future.
Return UCF to greatness.

Tre was going to the NFL even if Frost stayed, he's too good
I agree. Just interesting that he's tweeting this when it really doesnt have anything to do with his future.
My point is i hope more UCF players in the NFL will eventually be interested in coaching our program.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
You guys need to start watching football besides ucf. Too many people on here said they never heard of Frost before he came here and now a former Oklahoma QB.
I've been tired of people just looking towards the top MAC HC. That gets really old for me.

Top P5 coordinators and, I might be biased, but closer-to-retirement (>>50) P5 HCs (O'Leary, Richt, Sumlin), are the only ones I want to look at.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Already talk of Troy going to Nebraska. He was only "left behind" in hopes he would get the HC gig. He'd still be smart to stay. Our train is rolling. In 2 years, he'd have a number of opportunities. In two years at NU, they may just be starting to come back around.

Already talk of Troy going to Nebraska. He was only "left behind" in hopes he would get the HC gig. He'd still be smart to stay. Our train is rolling. In 2 years, he'd have a number of opportunities. In two years at NU, they may just be starting to come back around.
I hate to point this out, and it may just be coincidence, but ... and this has long been a fear of mine ...

With Beckton, a letterman, never reaching coordinator status after all this time, I'm sure we don't register very well on the radar of "being proactive" with our African-American coaches. Kinda why I was silently pulling for Sumlin and/or Walters, even if it's wrong to factor in race (even PC 'pro' as much as racist 'con') into who/when we hire.

Just had to say it ... not that it's the actual reason or any factor. But it can cause some African-American coaches to hesitate considering staying with us.

If Walters feels makes more career sense and/or he really likes his relationship with Frost as the HC calling a lot of the offense while he preps, I wish him the best of luck at Nebraska.

But we could really use him right now. That's me being selfish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT