ADVERTISEMENT

Players stages of grief.

I will fully support whom ever White hires. I really don't know who the best candidate is. The main thing is we get a guy who supports are university, we don't need another Benidict Arnold.
This is my first post on your guys' board and I will preface it with yes, I am a Nebraskan/Husker fan. The only reason I've felt the need to respond is to your labelling Scott Frost as Benedict Arnold. Really? The man has poured his heart and soul into UCF football the last couple of years to put a product on the field that your university and your fans could be proud of. He did just that and even more by going undefeated this season and returning you to a New Year's Bowl, and a quality one at that in the first year of the Peach Bowl being hosted at beautiful Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta. But because he decided to take another job he's Benedict Arnold? He took said other job due to many factors, from the tradition and name-brand that Nebraska still has to this day, to the stadium that has no problem selling-out over 90,000 seats since the JFK administration (at what point this season did you begin to sell out Spectrum Stadium?), to the improved financial situation for both he personally and the program he is now in charge of, and oh yeah, that's neglecting the fact the man was the last person to quarterback a Nebraska team to a national championship which also coincided with Tom Osborne's last two seasons at the helm in Lincoln before retiring from coaching. Lest we forget, his parents live a half hour up the road from Lincoln in Ashland! If he would have taken the Texas A&M or Tennessee or Florida jobs, I would understand your disdain for the man, but the fact that seemingly the only job that would make him leave Orlando is to coach his formerly-great alma mater potentially back to its former glory - or even a fraction of - is a testament to how much he truly enjoyed Orlando and being your program's head coach. Even towards the end of the saga or whatever you want to refer to it as, he was having trouble committing to leaving because of the affinity he has towards UCF, its players, and its fans. You make it seem like the man willingly betrayed you when I'm sure emotionally it was much more conflicting than him choosing to attend Stanford over Nebraska when he was being recruited in high school because at that point in time, it was mostly about him. As a coach that he is now, it's the opposite and throughout the constant questions of "are you going to Nebraska" or "is a deal already done with Nebraska" he tried to keep the focus on the players and the program. Even when asked by Todd McShay after the AAC Championship game had ended if he could confirm that he had accepted the Nebraska job, his response - with tears coming from his eyes at that - was "I'm going to go celebrate with my team." I think his quote 20 seconds earlier was even better in that "we've given them a lot, they've given us even more" in reference to the Knights players. Does that sound like a man that is overjoyed to leave a group of kids that he's worked so hard with the last couple of years to become successful and based on your words seemingly stab a program, a university, and a fanbase in the back? Hell no.

I understand some of your frustrations, I do. However this was the one job and battle UCF wasn't going to win given the allure that the Nebraska program has to Scott Frost in particular. To speak like that of a man that gave you his all every day for the last two years and gave you a lot of joy this season is disgusting and probably more so speaks to you as a person and a fan and not the UCF fanbase on the whole, much as some of the scummier Husker fans coming to this board to flaunt our hire of Frost don't represent what our fanbase is truly about - class, integrity, and perseverance - as they do nothing but display the exact opposite. At the end of the day, the Nebraska head coaching job was the role Scott Frost has been spending the last 35 years of his life building up to and something I had personally been looking forward to since he was a position coach at Oregon. It was a perfect storm of events this year involving both the Nebraska program and Scott Frost, from AD Sean Eichorst getting fired and Bill Moos getting hired, to later Mike Riley getting fired and opening up the position the same year in which Scott Frost is the possibly the most sought-after coaching candidate in college football due to UCF's success. That's what it took for this to happen, as fortunate as it is for us and unfortunate as it is for you guys.

I will sort of apologize for any of the jackass posters that have come on here with the sole purpose of ruining your days. They're clowns, every program has them - we seem to have a few extra at times - but I'm not one of them hence I the reason I'm sort of apologizing for their douchy actions. I wish UCF the best of luck in the Peach Bowl and going forward, you are a program that can position itself very nicely when the day inevitably comes that major college football goes to 4 or 5 super-conferences and a program that if we're being honest - outside of the 0-12 season - has had more success than our Huskers have over the last 5-10 years. Sorry for the novel, but I've been reading several UCF fans thoughts - some rational others not - and the Benedict Arnold line did annoy me because in my opinion, he has tried to be nothing but the opposite of that throughout his time in Orlando and this whole process with Nebraska.

Happy holidays folks from the "barren wasteland" some of your fans have labelled our state otherwise known as Nebraska.

This is my first post on your guys' board and I will preface it with yes, I am a Nebraskan/Husker fan. The only reason I've felt the need to respond is to your labelling Scott Frost as Benedict Arnold. Really? The man has poured his heart and soul into UCF football the last couple of years to put a product on the field that your university and your fans could be proud of. He did just that and even more by going undefeated this season and returning you to a New Year's Bowl, and a quality one at that in the first year of the Peach Bowl being hosted at beautiful Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta. But because he decided to take another job he's Benedict Arnold? He took said other job due to many factors, from the tradition and name-brand that Nebraska still has to this day, to the stadium that has no problem selling-out over 90,000 seats since the JFK administration (at what point this season did you begin to sell out Spectrum Stadium?), to the improved financial situation for both he personally and the program he is now in charge of, and oh yeah, that's neglecting the fact the man was the last person to quarterback a Nebraska team to a national championship which also coincided with Tom Osborne's last two seasons at the helm in Lincoln before retiring from coaching. Lest we forget, his parents live a half hour up the road from Lincoln in Ashland! If he would have taken the Texas A&M or Tennessee or Florida jobs, I would understand your disdain for the man, but the fact that seemingly the only job that would make him leave Orlando is to coach his formerly-great alma mater potentially back to its former glory - or even a fraction of - is a testament to how much he truly enjoyed Orlando and being your program's head coach. Even towards the end of the saga or whatever you want to refer to it as, he was having trouble committing to leaving because of the affinity he has towards UCF, its players, and its fans. You make it seem like the man willingly betrayed you when I'm sure emotionally it was much more conflicting than him choosing to attend Stanford over Nebraska when he was being recruited in high school because at that point in time, it was mostly about him. As a coach that he is now, it's the opposite and throughout the constant questions of "are you going to Nebraska" or "is a deal already done with Nebraska" he tried to keep the focus on the players and the program. Even when asked by Todd McShay after the AAC Championship game had ended if he could confirm that he had accepted the Nebraska job, his response - with tears coming from his eyes at that - was "I'm going to go celebrate with my team." I think his quote 20 seconds earlier was even better in that "we've given them a lot, they've given us even more" in reference to the Knights players. Does that sound like a man that is overjoyed to leave a group of kids that he's worked so hard with the last couple of years to become successful and based on your words seemingly stab a program, a university, and a fanbase in the back? Hell no.

I understand some of your frustrations, I do. However this was the one job and battle UCF wasn't going to win given the allure that the Nebraska program has to Scott Frost in particular. To speak like that of a man that gave you his all every day for the last two years and gave you a lot of joy this season is disgusting and probably more so speaks to you as a person and a fan and not the UCF fanbase on the whole, much as some of the scummier Husker fans coming to this board to flaunt our hire of Frost don't represent what our fanbase is truly about - class, integrity, and perseverance - as they do nothing but display the exact opposite. At the end of the day, the Nebraska head coaching job was the role Scott Frost has been spending the last 35 years of his life building up to and something I had personally been looking forward to since he was a position coach at Oregon. It was a perfect storm of events this year involving both the Nebraska program and Scott Frost, from AD Sean Eichorst getting fired and Bill Moos getting hired, to later Mike Riley getting fired and opening up the position the same year in which Scott Frost is the possibly the most sought-after coaching candidate in college football due to UCF's success. That's what it took for this to happen, as fortunate as it is for us and unfortunate as it is for you guys.

I will sort of apologize for any of the jackass posters that have come on here with the sole purpose of ruining your days. They're clowns, every program has them - we seem to have a few extra at times - but I'm not one of them hence I the reason I'm sort of apologizing for their douchy actions. I wish UCF the best of luck in the Peach Bowl and going forward, you are a program that can position itself very nicely when the day inevitably comes that major college football goes to 4 or 5 super-conferences and a program that if we're being honest - outside of the 0-12 season - has had more success than our Huskers have over the last 5-10 years. Sorry for the novel, but I've been reading several UCF fans thoughts - some rational others not - and the Benedict Arnold line did annoy me because in my opinion, he has tried to be nothing but the opposite of that throughout his time in Orlando and this whole process with Nebraska.

Happy holidays folks from the "barren wasteland" some of your fans have labelled our state otherwise known as Nebraska.

Frost just gutted our entire football office. He took more people than he came in with. Dick move. He also has guys that were recruiting players wearing UCF gear last week, recruiting the same players wearing Nebraska gear this week, while being paid by UCF. Dick move. TR-8R

Sorry SF lost me today when his coaches not only went after recruits he was recruiting,(which I was fine with) to offering recruits already committed here.
He lost my respect in that instant. I hope he crashes n burns at Nebraska. If there was some way to keep coaches out of Peach bowl, I would be all for it. But with no staff left, I don't know how to do it. So take your long winded corn shucking butt home.

You can't do that. Walters needs a long term contract in order to recruit. If you find a new coach next year, you have to buy Walter's buyout.
Agree If you hire Walters you have to give him 3 years. Pay him 1.7 and give him some extra $$ for assistants. If it works bump him up after year 1.

Sorry SF lost me today when his coaches not only went after recruits he was recruiting,(which I was fine with) to offering recruits already committed here.
He lost my respect in that instant. I hope he crashes n burns at Nebraska. If there was some way to keep coaches out of Peach bowl, I would be all for it. But with no staff left, I don't know how to do it. So take your long winded corn shucking butt home.
Because those are the people he believes in, both when it comes to his assistants but also the recruits they've been following and have gotten to know. I don't blame him for doing what he's doing, I truly don't. I also don't blame you guys for being pissed off about it. College football is a business in which coaches in particular always have to keep looking forward and he is doing what is in the best interest of his technically current employer - I'm not sure how that works, I do know Nebraska owes UCF three million though - which is now Nebraska. Let's be honest though, usually when new coaches get hired a fair bit of the current assistants are let go. Maybe two or three stick around to keep some familiarity within the program, however the majority are new guys that have ties to the new head coach. I'm not here to start a fight, so don't start in with the insults when I'm trying to have a decent conversation and not flame, you are acting naive due to your anger that you guys are sort of getting the shaft in the short-term unfortunately. I wish there was a way that this all could have waited until January, but due to the way recruiting is set up schools have to pursue candidates earlier than probably either side would like, now even more so with the early signing day coming up in a couple of weeks. It's a s***** business, but don't let the fact that business that is major college football is the main reason why he's doing this at this point in your season take away from what he has tried to re-establish at your program. That's all I'm saying. Be upset with him or me or whoever you want to be I guess just don't ignore the reality of the situation. Maybe I'm just more cold-hearted to it considering I also watch the only other sport more ruthless in their business than college football: European soccer.

Of course you are not upset, you have your coach, who is busy snatching up recruits we paid them to get. Go home and be happy, Don't expect us to happily watch him destroy this years recruiting class.

And we don't want any part of any Nebraska fans conversation right now. So go home and play on your own board.

Of course you are not upset, you have your coach, who is busy snatching up recruits we paid them to get. Go home and be happy, Don't expect us to happily watch him destroy this years recruiting class.

And we don't want any part of any Nebraska fans conversation right now. So go home and play on your own board.
Truth be told I never post on that board due to some of the delusional tendencies Nebraska fans can display. I for one like to think on my own and consider myself one of the more reasonable Nebraska fans you'll come across. I'll leave you alone, but you have no idea how salty you sound right now, which as I said, I don't really blame you. For what it's worth Happy Holidays, and no I'm not being a smartass just trying to be a good human being. Take care and best of luck.

You can also take solace in the fact it's 63 degrees in Orlando at the moment compared to 18 where I am, so you'll always have that on us.

Yep...if you're gonna troll...don't post 15 paragraphs. I got through about 49 word before I just hit "ignore".
Perhaps that's because I'm not trolling? You're the one incapable of reading more than a snippet to determine that, so that sounds like it's more of a personal problem for you. As I said above, take care.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT