• Loosing record

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jackfs

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2007
Poll and write comments on if you like with your prediction

Guessing losses to SC State and Temple. I think we rollover everyone else except Navy. It will take a JRP 45 yard TD scramble on the final play to win that one.

Hard to figure out without much info on the QB play. Probably won't know what kind of passing game we have until we get into the season.

I did 10-2. I'm guessing we drop one of the road games (Memphis - difficult place to play historically and they will be highly motivated to see us out of the conference with a loss) and one of the home games (Louisville - at this point I like their QB situation a lot more than I like ours). Would be more confident if we truly knew what we had in JRP.

No they don’t.
Everyone here realizes that in recent years we’ve lost to teams like Tulsa and Navy?
We aren’t going undefeated.
This. I think we have the personnel to go undefeated this year. But last year’s injuries and baffling use of Gatewood to stall drives makes me think that there are some systemic issues here that haven’t been worked out.

I’m glad Gus is our coach, but I kind of believe the Auburn fans that say that he’s going to shoot himself in the foot on occasion.

This. I think we have the personnel to go undefeated this year. But last year’s injuries and baffling use of Gatewood to stall drives makes me think that there are some systemic issues here that haven’t been worked out.

I’m glad Gus is our coach, but I kind of believe the Auburn fans that say that he’s going to shoot himself in the foot on occasion.
I'd def like to hear GM's logic in doing that (bringing in a different QB for an obvious running situation) and if he has analytics to back up making that decision. I really see no benefit or advantage gained.

Malik worries me a ton.

For me everything is on JRP and the LB group. DL should be great. The secondary should be solid. The LBs, I just haven't seen them yet lol. I believe in JJB, loved him the moment I saw his HS film years ago, but everyone else is literally a question mark at this point in time. On the offensive side, if OL stays healthy and JRP completes 60% then the sky's the limit. I went 10-2. I just think Malik is going to cause problems, and then we'll drop one to either SMU/Cincy. But then again, we won way more games than I thought we were capable of last year, and we've upgraded in many spots. Certainly, we should get to 10 wins no?

I 'm hoping we make it to the AAC Title game. That will be a pretty successful season. Title games can go either direction so getting there will make the season and put us in a pretty good bowl game against a decent opponent. Obviously I want us to win it and play a NY6 game but that isn't the only way to have a successful season!

Reactions: Knight Strength
I just want to be in an NY6 bowl. Don't care how we get there.

Im only being optimistic but id imagine gatewood will only see the field as much as winbush did at this point

Im only being optimistic but id imagine gatewood will only see the field as much as winbush did at this point
I don't think he is implying Gatewood will be coming out to play QB like last year, but that Malzahn made odd play calls last season that leads people to question whether Malzahn calling the plays may cost a game.

I don't think he is implying Gatewood will be coming out to play QB like last year, but that Malzahn made odd play calls last season that leads people to question whether Malzahn calling the plays may cost a game.
Yea he was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with gatewood. The guy just isnt very good.

Reactions: Yaes
basically this. Malzahn and Cristobal are very similar in concerns , both very good recruiters but worries they won’t reach a certain level bc of playcalling

Reactions: Yaes
Gus was trying to give Gatewood a chance to show that he belongs out there as a QB, and it didn't materialize.

This is why we need a playmaker at QB to cover the tracks of the coaches. KZ and defensive stars made Frost look good. Who’s going to step up and do the same this season? We’re going to see or not see. The game is still won on the field.

So I never went official on the record but anything worse than a 10-2 can be considered a failure with how easy the schedule is this season . Very favorable home schedule as posted in August

Reactions: PhDee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT