ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Looking for Feedback About Weekly Look-A-Like Threads

Should we continue the weekly look-a-like threads on the UCF Fan Forum or move them to the Dungeon?

• Leave the Look-A-Like threads on the Fan Forum for interaction with our new conference mates

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Move these threads to the Dungeon because there are too many snowflakes on the kiddie board

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Kill this tradition because society has lost its sense of humor

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

ucfengineer1994

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2012
The weekly look-a-like threads are what first grabbed by attention to our board and lead me to ultimately join the Dungeon. I've been on other Rivals sites that do similar (Iowa Hawkeyes have made it an artform) and enjoy their comedic works.

I've been starting these threads on the kiddie board for a few years (after someone else lost their mojo). However, last season the temperature of the room changed. Maybe it's me being a little too sensitive to the issue or its the shift in our society, but posters/readers seem too sensitive to the content. It sucked the wind from my sails and I started posting these threads on the Dungeon.

So, here's why I'm creating this thread. Should we give it another go this season on the kiddie board with the look-a-like threads or permanently move them to the Dungeon?

One of my fondest memories is the Michigan thread where we received comments and engagement from our opponent's fans. Lots of respect from them. They even joined in on the fun and made their own look-a-like posts. My preference/intent is to continue these threads on the open board. Since we are moving to a new conference this could be an opportunity for us to engage with our new conference mates. If it goes sideways again, I'll pivot.

Thanks in advance for everyone's input!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News