ADVERTISEMENT

Poll watch

Our best chance in the Coaches poll is if Washington and TCU both drop out of top 10 which is not likely but possible.

After watching the UConn game I can't complain about no movement in the coaches poll. We didn't look like a top ten team. We could probably get more upward mobility with a bye week.

We got jumped by 2 loss Penn ST and 2 loss So Cali who each managed to beat losing teams, 4 win Rutgers and 5 win Colorado. Apparently it's better to lose than to win.

Reactions: UCFBS and Mikesi
We've failed to score in only 2 quarters this year. Anyone know what other ranked teams are like? Is that stat. kept anywhere?

Coaches poll is out. We didn't move at #12. Things that make you scratch your head:
1) USC moves up 4 spots by beating a 5 win Colorado team (and jumping us; colorado wins are all against garbage)
2) penn state jumped us because they beat a 4 win Rutgers team (wins are all garbage)
3) Ok State only jumps up two spots by beating a ranked Iowa State team on the road???
4) Wash State jumps Memphis by beating 5 win Utah (whose wins are all garbage)
5) LSU jumps up 4 spots by beating 4 win Arkansas (whise wins are all garbage)

0jdN3rV.jpg

Reactions: KMF-UCF
The polls are based on vote points. We are only 7 points from #10 in the coaches poll. So a better standing than last week. We should get there winning at Temple. We are also only 11 points behind Penn State in the AP while we are nearly 200 points ahead of #15 Wash State. So despite no movement In placement we are in excellent shape to move up in both polls with a win next week.

Reactions: UCFhonors
After watching the UConn game I can't complain about no movement in the coaches poll. We didn't look like a top ten team. We could probably get more upward mobility with a bye week.
The same logic would then apply to everybody but it doesn't. A lot of other teams played garbage, and/or didn't impress and they moved up. USC beating Colorado 38-24 is impressive enough to jump us? Penn statebeating Rutgers? Nope, but your name carries more merit than what you've done on the field.

On one hand we beat them better than South Florida but sec middle of the road Missouri beat them up the worst. Any anecdote to push the narrative...

I got curious, so I charted the history of the AP points received by UCF, usf, Wisconsin, and Miami for the season to date.

pubchart

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT