ADVERTISEMENT

Polls?

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
I never can figure out the polls and why they can't include UCF. Preseason UCF got 4 'receiving votes' in the Coach poll. Now they have ZERO receiving votes in both AP and Coach.

Who does? usf. usf getting 5 'receiving votes in the Coaches poll.

UCF shellacked an fcs team. usf beat Bethune Cookman. Similar scores. 57-3, 48-3.

Why did duh*bulls jump UCF?

UCF is ranked #20 in ESPN power poll. usf #81

I know if we keep winning we will move up, but I don't get why duh*bulls did and UCF didn't.

Reactions: UCFsbarro

College football rankings: ESPN reveals top 25 poll for Week 2​

1. Georgia
  2. Alabama
  3. Texas
  4. Ohio State
  5. Penn State
  6. Notre Dame
  7. Tennessee
  8. Ole Miss
  9. Oklahoma
  10. Oregon
  11. Miami
  12. Missouri
  13. Louisville
  14. Michigan
  15. USC
  16. Auburn
  17. LSU
  18. Texas A&M
  19. Kansas
  20. UCF
  21. Kansas State
  22. Clemson
  23. Arizona
  24. Utah
  25. Washington

I never can figure out the polls and why they can't include UCF. Preseason UCF got 4 'receiving votes' in the Coach poll. Now they have ZERO receiving votes in both AP and Coach.

Who does? usf. usf getting 5 'receiving votes in the Coaches poll.

UCF shellacked an fcs team. usf beat Bethune Cookman. Similar scores. 57-3, 48-3.

Why did duh*bulls jump UCF?

UCF is ranked #20 in ESPN power poll. usf #81

I know if we keep winning we will move up, but I don't get why duh*bulls did and UCF didn't.
didn’t watch one second of USF but maybe bc their QB and offense looks better

they play Bama and then Miami a few weeks after so this will sort itself out

Byrum Brown, 13 out of 20 completions, 152 yards, 0 Tds, 0 int
KJ Jefferson, 7 out of 14 completions, 164 yards, 2 Tds, 1 Int

UCF #1 in Rushing yards in the Nation.

I know it will sort itself out, but just don't get why UCF had 4 votes, now have none, but usf had 0 votes in preseason, now has 5.

Like...uh...what changed?

KJ did have a bad game, and many of the press articles mention that. Is that what voters are going on? Byrum Brown's numbers don't pop out to me. I didn't watch any of it either. But, many times when teams play cupcakes, there is no reason to throw a lot. You want to build a score, keep running which eats the clock, and get out without any injuries.

Better to ignore the Coaches Poll than it is to put any kind of stock in it. Coaches exist in an echo chamber. They pay attention to their team and the team they have in front of them that week.

Many coaches over the years have admitted they put little to no thought into the coaches poll. They aren’t watching games, it’s a meaningless poll.

Better to ignore the Coaches Poll than it is to put any kind of stock in it. Coaches exist in an echo chamber. They pay attention to their team and the team they have in front of them that week.

Many coaches over the years have admitted they put little to no thought into the coaches poll. They aren’t watching games, it’s a meaningless poll.
Look at the AP poll then I am sure UCF is ranked there?

I agree. All polls are meaningless except the last one.

Polls are only meaningless if your team ain't on them. You in the top 25 & all of a sudden it has meaning. :p

I just find it funny how we were getting some votes, kill a fcs team, then we disappear. Yet, duh bulls do a similar thing and took our votes.

It really points at the 'meaningless-ness' of it all. So much biased opinions. I see duh bulls play Bama next. They prob got some SEC coach votes to help prop that game up some. Just guessing.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
didn’t watch one second of USF but maybe bc their QB and offense looks better

they play Bama and then Miami a few weeks after so this will sort itself out
The second sentence is the reason. When you play good teams, they rank you higher so Bama and Miami look better when they beat you by 30. We are at a point where we don’t need undefeated seasons anymore. Schedule 1 cupcake and then 2 good games. Win conference and you get auto bid. If you win 1 of the 2 tough games they rank you way higher than normal. Even beating UF makes Miami look good.

Look at the AP poll then I am sure UCF is ranked there?
This is a stupid response. Pointless.

I never said UCF should be ranked anywhere. I was responding to someone complaining about a meaningless coaches poll. You quoted me with some nonsense that has nothing to do with what I said.

Keep it moving. I thought Harvey and Hudson were gone last year? You guaranteed that with your “inside info”, right? Why are you still here? Haven’t you been wrong enough? Have some shame.

Wait until the next time UCF makes it into the Coach's Top 25. I'm sure it won't be meaningless then and we will be pounding our chest.

Congrats to Miami for a great start and beating up on the Gators. That was a great game for you all. Do us a big favor and stomp duh*bulls back into oblivion as well. Thanks.

Congrats to Miami for a great start and beating up on the Gators. That was a great game for you all. Do us a big favor and stomp duh*bulls back into oblivion as well. Thanks.
It's definitely cause for celebration any Saturday Mario Christalowertierbowl faces a coaching staff more inept than his own!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT