ADVERTISEMENT

President Hitt Declares UCF National Champions

Yep, I'm ready for my National Championship gear now that a media outlet has declared us to be the Champion, just like what was accepted practice in 1A football for 100 years

Screw Dr Pepper....... Send us our damn trophy

Can we be sued for displaying this? Heard something on Facebook about UCF not being able to display or advertise that we are "National Champions" of college football. Over?

The only president that matters.

jbz8ouv9_1nm6pko_13m2nz2.png

Can we be sued for displaying this? Heard something on Facebook about UCF not being able to display or advertise that we are "National Champions" of college football. Over?
Don't think they trademark the term national champion and several media outlets award a national champion. 20 years ago having multiple national champions was commonplace because there was no system to match up (perceived) top teams. So the national championship went to whoever someone said was better. At any rate if Alabama wants to claim 15 national championships with many not recognized I doubt there is a problem with UCF claiming one.

Don't think they trademark the term national champion and several media outlets award a national champion. 20 years ago having multiple national champions was commonplace because there was no system to match up (perceived) top teams. So the national championship went to whoever someone said was better. At any rate if Alabama wants to claim 15 national championships with many not recognized I doubt there is a problem with UCF claiming one.

Alabama claims a title from 1941 a year they were 9-2 and finished 20th in the AP poll because one computer ranking put them at 1. There is a high likelyhood a computer ranking will put UCF at #1. They were already at #1 in the Wolfe ranking used by the former BCS rankings and #2 in Colley Matrix.

That guy is an idiot. National Champions, National Champion, and 2017 National Champions are not trademarked in any way. I specifically asked him what is trademarked and he dodged the question.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
College Football is the only sport that has fans and media that hate the Underdog
Tell Alabama fans on twitter that you're sorry the CFP committee illegitimized their would-be national title this year. There are so many levels of irony in that statement and they get none of them.

I've never seen the P5 fans and mouthpieces so defensive and triggered. This is fantastic.

I can't believe i'm going to say this, but I don't think I have ever seen so many "Snowflakes" come out in force against something. They are so threatened its hilarious.

All that matters is 13-0, the only one's who can say that, no one else can, go cry me a river whiners.

National Champs Baby!!

We need that banner! And we need it ready for the Invitational this Monday so it will be seen on the Jumbotron where ESECPN will have no choice but to acknowledge!

They are SOOOOOOO mad.

Especially the UGA fans. I'm using their argument against them. If the CFP doesn't recognize UCF, then why should UCF recognize the CFP? The NCAA does crown a champion of FBS football, so whoever wins Monday has as legitimate claim on the title as we do.

I had a twitter discussion with a UGA fan that started with I was drunk and delusional and ended with UCF has the right to claim a national title, but so does the winner of the CFP.

I think you'll find more Mississippi State fans that hate UCF more than Georgia fans. They have hated UCF all season ever since the ranking outrage every Tuesday, all they have is conference pride & living through Bama's success
I think Bianchi's annual "Replace the SEC Mississippi schools with UCF/USF" is part of it too.

The problem many fans have with SEC arrogance is that it doesn't come from Bama fans. It comes from the bottom feeders and midlevel teams. The teams that are good or really good every few years.

South Carolina, Arkansas, Miss St, TAMU, Ole Miss, Florida, Georgia....all teams that aren't consistently good yet act like they are on the same level as Bama.

And forget Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky and Vandy... jeez...

Alabama claims a title from 1941 a year they were 9-2 and finished 20th in the AP poll because one computer ranking put them at 1. There is a high likelyhood a computer ranking will put UCF at #1. They were already at #1 in the Wolfe ranking used by the former BCS rankings and #2 in Colley Matrix.
They had computer rankings in 1941? Pretty sure it was a newspaper poll.

On my Husker board, some guy was complaining that UCF had no right to declare themselves the national champion....that UCF could not make up its own rules.

I responded with this:

Hey, the CFP has no more authority to determine who is the NC than the Mayor of Orlando. The CFP doesn't make the NC rules, it only makes the rules for its own private tournament. Therefore UCF is not violating any NC declaration rules, because there are none that exist that apply to them. None whatsoever. So yes, UCF can make its own rules.

Please know this:

The College Football Playoff is not an officially sanctioned championship event by the NCAA, the sport's governing body. Consequently, Division I FBS football is the only NCAA sport in which a yearly national champion is not determined by an NCAA event, nor is an official NCAA national championship awarded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_Playoff

So, if the NCAA does not recognize the CFP invitational tournament winner as the national champion, why should anyone else?

The CFP promotes their event as a national championship tournament, but it really isn't, and no fan is obligated to accept it as a NC event. The CFP is a money-making private event, that is promoted as a NC event to enhance revenue generation. The CFP champ will definitely be the winner of the CFP invitational tournament, and will have earned lots of credit toward being thought of as the nation's best team, but winning that event does not create an undisputed national champion...it only determines a CFP tournament champ.

I am certain there will be plenty of fans in Orlando willing to recognize and celebrate UCF as the National Champion, so it should be a good party. As long as its a good party, that's all that really matters.

DSlaJ_dU8AEoUnD.jpg

sipa_21725493.jpg

UCF-banner_xgr4yw.png

6_7949505.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT