ADVERTISEMENT

PrimeTime to USiF?

SkiDog291

Silver Knight
May 29, 2001
O-Town!
I could see him taking the job short-term and moving on to a P5 school after a couple of years like what Frost did. It's not like he's going to coach at FSU, but I can see other schools waiting for the sniff test. After paying out their old coaches, not sure what they can afford, and it's not like they have big booster money. Regardless, that would be a good hire for them and would certainly get them back on track. Like Billy Napier leaving LaLa, PT will bring all of his 5 star recruits to USiF.

that is a fan account that has no sources . He is only verified bc of Elon’s dumb new policy which makes weeding out trolls vs real news more difficult

that is a fan account that has no sources . He is only verified bc of Elon’s dumb new policy which makes weeding out trolls vs real news more difficult
That picture looks real tho...All BS aside...if that is true, that would be a good score for them.

Fake, he is currently negotiating with Colorado....even the usf morons are pissed about sicko.

I don’t think he takes USF or Colorado. He turned TCU down and they are way above those 2.

Some good head coaches have failed at usf miserably and ruined their career trajectory. There's a big red flag on that job despite being in Florida. Good luck to all involved since we're not going to be watching nearly as closely now that the rivalry is gone and handed down to FAU.

Reactions: mattropolis
usf would be the worst possible decision for him. Colorado seems a bit weak but better than crap usf. No fanbase, no stadium, G5, like not a huge step up from where he currently is.

Colorado has a B12 home whenever it wants, so the program is stable.....as opposed to say Wash St, which desperately needs to P12 to stay together if it wants to remain a P5.

Reading was NOT fundamental in this case.

Pbs Kids Rainbow GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Do they require athletes to have great scores and grades? Could be a deterrent.
it's not really about the high school grades and scores with them, it's the limited majors and math requirements (calculus) for every major. at your stanfords, dukes, northwesterns, etc they have a lot of easier majors you can hide in after you get past admissions, GT doesn't. they have more in common with the academies than other schools.

it's not really about the high school grades and scores with them, it's the limited majors and math requirements (calculus) for every major. at your stanfords, dukes, northwesterns, etc they have a lot of easier majors you can hide in after you get past admissions, GT doesn't. they have more in common with the academies than other schools.
Which is why they had been running the option, and seeing reasonable success with Paul Johnson.

If he takes that job, recruits will flock to USF. Don't think he will get a lot of 5 star guys, but he will get a ton of quality high 3 stars and some 4's. He will easily be able to turn that program around. I dont think its about him as much as his staff. He is the face of the program, but the grunt work gets done by his assistants, and they have done a tremendous job so far. He could easily Willie Taggert that program and out talent the rest of the conference. But like I told my in laws when Taggert got the FSU job. I have seen him out talent most of his opposition, but I have never seen him out coach them. That will be what decides how successful he will truly be at the FBS level. Can he coach. I think he can. I think he can talk to a kid and get them to run through a brick wall for team.

The FAU job is now open and their Athletic Director is Danny White’s brother . You can argue that it is now a better job . Their fan support sucks but so does USF’s. Lane Kiffin loved it there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT