ADVERTISEMENT

Projected 2024 Depth Chart

He was using the 40lbs as part of his off season strength and conditioning program. Apparently the S&C program was designed by John Morgan. Charge On!!
Like this...

I2GOnt.gif

Injuries are unfortunate and, for the most part, not preventable. You have to feel for the young men. That being said…it’s failure by Gus Malzone to recruit only one 2024 high school DT and to bring in zero transfers at DT for 2024.

DL needs rotation…specially 300+ pounds guys. Now UCF is left with Barber and Hunter and literally nobody else to rotate in.

Injuries are unfortunate and, for the most part, not preventable. You have to feel for the young men. That being said…it’s failure by Gus Malzone to recruit only one 2024 high school DT and to bring in zero transfers at DT for 2024.

DL needs rotation…specially 300+ pounds guys. Now UCF is left with Barber and Hunter and literally nobody else to rotate in.
While this would be a blow since Walker is a stud and Downs is highly touted the cupboard is not bare. We still have former 4 star RS FR Derrick LeBlanc 6-5 295, RS FR Andrew Rumph 6-3 305, RS SO Keshaun Hudson 6-1 323 and RS JR Matthew Alexander 6-3 295. Thats 4 guys who average 304.5 lbs. I would say 6 guys for two spots isnt exactly a poor rotation.

Reactions: tjb74
While this would be a blow since Walker is a stud and Downs is highly touted the cupboard is not bare. We still have former 4 star RS FR Derrick LeBlanc 6-5 295, RS FR Andrew Rumph 6-3 305, RS SO Keshaun Hudson 6-1 323 and RS JR Matthew Alexander 6-3 295. Thats 4 guys who average 304.5 lbs. I would say 6 guys for two spots isnt exactly a poor rotation.
Good luck.

I wish both guys a full and speedy recovery. That said, Downs wasn’t going to be a difference maker in his first year. Walker is a difference maker, at least in the rotation.

I expect this to cause a 5-10% dropoff in our DT room. It is a small yet significant drop off in our upcoming production this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT